It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obesity Message Board

• Need help with obesity

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2015, 04:53 AM   #1
    lon445
    (male)

lon445 HB User
    Need help with obesity

I weigh 122 kgs. I am trying to lose some weight but I also am facing backache problems. Can anyone suggest something for that?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2015, 08:03 AM   #2
    momzworkin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

momzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB User
    Re: Need help with obesity

So that is about 270 pounds her in the US. How tall are you? Have you tried water aerobics? I have serious back problems and can't work out on regular gym equipment, but can do 5-6 hours of water aerobics a week to try to lose weight and keep my cardiovascular system working better.
    09/2011: re-tore shoulder in PT- lost 30% function in shoulder
    06/2013: diagnosed with failure of L2-L3-L4

Old 03-27-2015, 05:19 PM   #3
    Jumpingbeans
    (female)

Jumpingbeans HB User

If you have had an injury to your back, you should probably ask for personal advice from a physiotherapist

If your backache doesn't come from an injury, losing weight will most likely help. (although if you have any neurologic symptoms such as shooting pains, numbness or frequent unexplained pins and needles, you should have a check up with your GP).
    In the beginning swimming or as momzworkin suggested, water aerobics are very good ideas. You can exercise without putting too much strain on your back.

If that all goes well, try doing something like yoga or pilates alongside your cardio swim work out. Stretching your back (and all muscles) is a good way to relief and prevent pain. Build it up slowly and if the pain is too much then listen to your body and stop.

It is also recommended that you should sleep on a medium matress instead of a hard matress

Old 04-05-2015, 01:28 PM   #4
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User

I hear that 80% of weight loss is what you eat, so maybe for now you can just rest your back, not worry about your exercise much (even slow walking is better than not walking) and focus on your food choices. Watch your portion sizes, cut out desserts for the time being, and lower your carbs (bread, pasta, cake, candy, soda).

Best wishes to you!

Old 04-06-2015, 01:37 AM   #5
    AnnD
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Sometimes it is hard to know what to do so a trip to the doctor might put you on the right path to weight loss and how to deal with your back issue. Good luck.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:03 AM   #6
    justadude
    (male)

justadude HB User

Physical therapy time is the ticket and then daily exercising.Take it slow weight loss does not happen over night.Do not get discouraged even when your brain is telling you otherwise.Listen to the physical therapist I am listening to mine.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:22 AM   #7
    Nachiket123
    (male)

Nachiket123 HB User
    Arrow Re: Need help with obesity

Obesity and backache are very closely related to each other. Given your condition, exercising at an initial stage can be a problem as it might hurt your back irrevocably. You can start with walking for 10 minutes daily. Drink enough water. Try metabolism boosters, ayurvedic external applications for weightloss like Epica Oil is a good option. Once you tone down a little, your back-ache would be better. Then you can consider exercising regularly. All the best, dear

Last edited by moderator2; 05-14-2015 at 03:46 PM.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:12 AM   #8
    obuyajsh
    (male)

obuyajsh HB User

Also, eat more of organic foods and less of processed foods. As you start with light exercises, such as walking, do so under the sun or higher temperatures of the day.

Above all, it is a commitment to addressing how you got there.

What happened before you started gaining weight? Which good habits did you drop? Why would you want not to be obese again? Answers to these questions might help change your mindset and help you keep committed once you start.

To your better health

Closed Thread

Tags
    back ache, fats, joint pains, obesity problems, overweight