It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• Is anxiety ruining my relationship?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-16-2015, 11:10 AM   #1
    Ellan6
    (female)

Ellan6 HB User
    Is anxiety ruining my relationship?

Hi everyone
    I'm 18 years old and have been in a relationship with my current boyfriend for almost a year. Before that I had a huge crush on him and when we started dating I couldn't believe my luck. He is an amazing, supportive person and is everything that is ideal in a boyfriend. He has done nothing wrong apart from the occasional thing but obviously that's normal.
    Im currently sitting my final exams at college and have been suffering from anxiety due to the stress I'm under - I've always had mild anxiety but it was nothing dehabilitating but this is the worst I've been under. However I'm not worried about that as I know it is normal to worry about exams.
    What I am worried about however is that a couple of weeks before my exams started I had a sudden thought, out of nowhere that I no longer loved my boyfriend, which I thought was strange as nothing had changed and everything was as brilliant as always. Since then, I haven't been able to get the thought out of my head and I'm feeling sick with worry. The thought of being without my boyfriend kills me because we have so much fun and I've enjoyed the past year immensely, however I keep getting this feeling that everything has changed even though it hasn't. I still want to be with him but then I feel like I should feel guilty as I'm being unfair to him if I stay in a relationship through these doubts. I feel like I'm being irrational because when I'm with him I feel calmer and I usually forget my worries and it all seems normal but when he goes home I start to panic again. I've been telling myself it will go away when my stress is removed. However today I had an exam so I had been worrying about that instead, but as soon as the test was over I started worrying about my boyfriend again which made me think that he was the underlying problem and when my exams are finished I won't be able to stop worrying about my boyfriend because my distraction will have been taken away. However the other day we had an argument because we were both feeling stressed and I was heartbroken because I thought he might have had enough of me and might leave me, so surely I must love him?! Can anxiety make you feel this way? When my exams are over and the stress is lifted will it calm down? I can't live like this and keep thinking what if, but I also don't want to end my relationship which has been so good. HELP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread