It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• Terrified my boyfriend is texting other girls

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-19-2017, 12:14 PM   #1
    Flowerpower681
    (female)

Flowerpower681 HB User
    Terrified my boyfriend is texting other girls

Hi there; I've been diagnosed with OCD for about 3 years now and recently with having my boyfriend move away to college I've been so scared he's been texting other girls.
    I've never caught him texting other girls only his friend when she texts him first but it's super innocent stuff like asking about college. I know I don't have any logical reason to worry about him given that he knows I have this fear and has told me he'd never do anything to upset me. How can I stop worrying about this? I'm so anxious and miserable and it's straining our relationship

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2017, 01:25 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Terrified my boyfriend is texting other girls

Hi Flowerpower, about 3 weeks ago, you wrote this same message and got a few responses. I was one of those who responded to you.

Are you having a bad day and are you in need of reinforcement? It would be normal if you were...

Please remind yourself that your boyfriend has given you NO reason to think he is doing anything wrong. You have told us previously that he is aware of your OCD and meds and is supportive. Can you reach out to him for some reassurance? Let him know you are having a bad day/ week? Just to give yourself some peace of mind?

I think you are doing really well with this...remember, he is away at college to better himself- not to hurt you. He loves you and he will be home before you know it for the holidays. He loves you! He isnt doing anything wrong and you have to keep reminding yourself of this.

Hang in there...stay strong...and give him a call and let him know you are feeling blue...a guy that stands by you like you say he does-- is a keeper!

Old 09-19-2017, 01:36 PM   #3
    Flowerpower681
    (female)

Flowerpower681 HB User

Thank you very much. It's just he gets frustrated when I ask for reassurance because he thinks I'm questioning his loyalty and so I don't ask for reassurance to keep him from getting annoyed or feeling questioned. It's small things like hell send me a different emoji heart that he hasn't used in our conversations so I'll get the thought "what if he used it with another girl" and then almost get mad at him because of the thoughts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-19-2017, 04:48 PM   #4
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

I understand what you are saying...but it seems to me that you also understand that you are being unreasonable jealous. You are very strong! You have admitted your issue and have admitted that you are working on it. If you cant get reassurance from him, please allow me to tell you that this is really all in your mind, its not true- and you have no reason to believe otherwise.

You have to keep repeating this to yourself. Believe in your relationship. Until he shows you or tells you otherwise, he loves you- heart emojis and all!

Allot of people wish they had the type of relationship it sounds like you have. Consider yourself very lucky to have this guy! Just enjoy being happy..ok?

When he gets home, be proud of him and let him be proud of you for surviving this tough time. You can do it!!!

Old 09-20-2017, 04:48 PM   #5
    TrainOfThought
    (male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User

Hey Flowerpower, like the person before me said, you don't have any evidence that what you are thinking is true. It is just one of those pesky doubts that have been troubling you over the course of your live. Remember to label those thoughts as OCD and not reality, you don't have the slightest evidence to believe he is cheating you.
    PS. Clear your inbox
    Cheers

Old 09-20-2017, 09:12 PM   #6
    Flowerpower681
    (female)

Flowerpower681 HB User

Ok I cleared my inbox; thank you!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:51 PM   #7
    Danny1298
    (male)

Danny1298 HB User

I agree with the other responses. You are making up things in your head that have no truth to them. From your post/story, your boyfriend hasn't given you any indication that he would do something like this.

Closed Thread