It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• perscribed luvox but will it do this like prozac?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-05-2019, 03:38 PM   #1
    stopthethoughts
    (male)

stopthethoughts HB User
    perscribed luvox but will it do this like prozac?

I am on wellbutrin xl 450mgs, buspirone, levothyroxin, etc..
    depression/anxiety but my worst thing is the constant thoughts. Want to be brief ill explain more if needed but i was put on lexapro.. hated it.. didnt seem to help, made me more on edge.. then put on prozac.. it was fine other than I could NOT orgasm.. period.. it became a mechanic that did not work in my body. Once i stopped taking prozac it took almost a month to be able too..
    then cymbalta for a wk then stopped cause of the things i read about how bad the withdrawls were.. plus cause it did the same thing prozac did

needless to say, at the time i was on 300mg wellbutrin.. started 450 and feel much better.. no depression really.. not much anxiety.. but the thoughts are still insane. at work for 10 hours straight im in my own head.. thinking of my mom dying.. the look on her face.. every thing that ever went bad in my life.. negative thoughts.. if im home, on the pc or doing anything to keep busy its not as bad.. its when im alone, or its quiet.. its when I am my only company.. and thats most of the time anymore... i dont have friends anymore... dont trust people anymore

my dr wants me to try luvox fluaxamine or whatever... the pharmacy didnt have them till in the morning.. think they said it was for 200MG.. my dr said it helps with thoughts.
    i want to know will this give me the same side effects as the others? if so i dont want to go through it again. keep in mind that ALL the other ssri's lexapro, prozac .. cymbalta

im almost sure it will and really thinking about not taking it.. what is something better thats not a ssri or snri? anything?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2019, 04:07 PM   #2
    stopthethoughts
    (male)

stopthethoughts HB User
    Re: perscribed luvox but will it do this like prozac?

sorry.. its luvox ER 100 mg just called to make sure

Old 03-05-2019, 06:10 PM   #3
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear stopthethoughts,

Have you tried any kind of psycho-therapy?
    Talk therapy helped me the very most. But to me it depends how good the therapist is, and plenty of them are useless. The one that helped me the most was a psychologist that told me all he does is give honest feedback in a safe setting, his office of course. but he always was understanding of anything I shared that I thought or felt. He completely validated me that my feelings were totally normal for where I personally was coming from.

I went from distrusting everyone, for good reasons, due to real experiences with people, to trusting my own self, and accepting my very real and very normal emotions. I also learned that emotions are not permanent. Emotions change depending on what I tell my self.

The reason we get bogged down is because of fear from thinking if I don't think of every possible negative scenario it will happen again. So we become a self-fulfilling prophecy so to speak, because we live inside our own fear. Do you see what I am saying?

Out of therapy I learned that yep, there is a time to be alert and pay strict attention t a negative situation, but that once it is over with, it is safe to think about planting flowers or my puppy, or the sun on my face and the clouds in the sky. None of those good and pleasurable things disappear because of the negatives that are in this life. They are just waiting for us to notice the good things in our lives. You have those good things, too.
    You just became so vigilant and afraid that you will get a surprise attack that you forgot about the good and happy things in your life.

Something in your life made you cross over to dwelling on the negatives and darkness. I don't know what that was for you. I didn't know at first for myself either. It took a kind listening professional that taught me how to make myself relax before I got over it.

I have been through some accidents and bad relationship problems since I was in therapy, but I had developed the 'tools' and understanding to face the negatives and not allow myself to stay in them. So I am able to rest in the understanding that I am capable of facing things and getting past them and back into the sunshine. I have every confidence that you can do this as well. It is not always easy to face some facts of life. Some can be terrifying. But when they are the past, those old 'ghosts' truly are powerless.

You can take control of your own mind. Because you cannot dwell on sunshine and storm clouds at the same time. Try it. You might have a hard time at first, but let your mind relax and think of how the sunshine feels on your body.

Love and hugs,

Old 03-05-2019, 10:16 PM   #4
    stopthethoughts
    (male)

stopthethoughts HB User

I tried a therapist and didnt think it was going well.. she only sat with me for 30 mins, and each time i did ALL the talking.. she thought that having me talk about the things that went wrong in my life it would help bring it to light.. which would help for most.. but myself I think about them all the time. My grandmother raised me pretty much.. she was so awesome. She passed when i was like 17.. a bad time for me cause I needed her to teach me how to live as a grown up she made alot of my childhood great.. but after she died, my dad who i never had a great relationship with started giving me oxycontin.. every day for months.. it was a way for me to have a relationship with my dad and felt rewarded when he would be out of meds and I would bring him some to pay him back.. i felt loved.. needless to say i became VERY addicted.. again at a horrible time in my life.. had one child.. one on the way.. paying morgage on a house.. he started charging me, double if I didnt have the money right then.. thats $100 for a pill.. lost it all.. my job, my house.. all of that before 20 yrs old.. im 40 now and still take suboxone to deal with addiction. That was the best gift he ever gave me.

my mom died 3 years ago.. was sudden.. my bro and sis wouldnt stay at the hospital.. so when **** got real i had to make the decision to take her off life support. I still remember watching her take her last breath.. waking from a comma.. looking straight up at the ceiling with a surprised look on her face like she seen something.. cant tell if it was good or bad.
    since then i have been really bad.. always had this doom and gloom outlook on life but nothing like now.. all the meds the drs have had me on.. all of those are in the last 6 months.

i live in a podunk town so the closest psychologist is at least 1 1/2 hours away. Which sucks cause that is what i need. I have a 3 year old and hes whats keeping me going, seeing the miracle of life in his eyes.. watching his imagination grow every day.. so.. my mind process goes to my grandmother.. then to my father who is dying as we speak, have not spoke to him in person for years.. he has not met my son.. hell only wanted to see his grown grandchildren a few times, and they are 18 and 19.. I tried to talk to him on ********.. he reads my msgs and even said at one point i could bring my son to see him.. but when i asked when or where he just reads them and dont respond.. i give up.. i have mourned his death..

sad thing is, im very aware, what my thought process is doing.. i know that we create our own reality.. i know my mom is still around.. i have recorded evps of her from time to time since she died... i have studied the afterlife for years now.. so i know 100% it dont just end when we die.. but that all being said.. i still sometimes wish I woudlnt wake up.. i still constantly think of the past.. I also know that the present is just that.. a present.. and the past is gone and nothing can change it.. yet it keeps me from being present
    i HATE IT and wish I was not captive to my own mind

Old 03-05-2019, 11:02 PM   #5
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Thumbs up Re: perscribed luvox but will it do this like prozac?

Well, hon, you know what you have to do to make things be different.

You alone can choose to stop your negative thinking. Dwelling on what has already happened is what prevents us from choosing to dwell on what to do instead of what we already did.

Dwell on what you already have done and you will repeat it until you choose to stop dwelling on it.

Life is as simple and as complicated as we make it.

Your choice.

Here is to your new future.
    Your life will change when you choose to change. No one else can make us change. It is our own choice.

Reply Reply