It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• Where do I belong? - "Matchstick Men" repetitive ticks

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-07-2004, 08:03 PM   #1
    Foogoo
    (male)

Foogoo HB User
    Where do I belong? - "Matchstick Men" repetitive ticks

Is that what you call it? If you've seen the movie Matchstick Men the repetitive nervous "ticks" the guy goes through. Mine are not as frequent and audibly/visually obvious but neverthe less bugs me.

I also have a paranoia of losing things. When I put something in the drawer I tend to open and close the door about five more times to check if it's still there.

Could these two be related? Would they be classified as OCD? I really don't know what is wrong but would like it gone. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2004, 09:52 PM   #2
    NoonBlueApples

NoonBlueApples HB User
    Re: Where do I belong? - "Matchstick Men" repetitive ticks

Those things can be related, although you don't necessarily have to have ticks to be OCD...I have OCD, but I do not have ticks, and I know people who have ticks but do not have OCD, although there are many people with OCD that do have ticks so they might be related as both that and the checking ritual you described are both symptoms..... I would suggest looking into and comparing the other symptoms like patterns,contamination anxiety,hoarding,symmetry, etc. and see if there is more you were unaware of...OCD can take and unbelievable number of forms, with each person having there own specific version and mixture of symptoms especially as the disorder evolves over time...

Closed Thread