It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• Help with tremors..

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-08-2004, 02:59 PM   #1
    Pete-out-West

Pete-out-West HB User
    Help with tremors..

I have finally found a SSRI that works for my OCD. "Anafranil".
    I am up to 250mg per day, and for the first time can really see a decrease in my symptoms. This I am very happy about. The problem is the medication causes marked tremors mostly in my arms, hands, and a quivering in my voice.
    My doc prescribed Inderal for the tremors, but it doesn't work that good, and also has side effects of its own. Has anyone else experienced this or have any advice on a different med to take for the tremors. I really dont want to stop taking tha Anafranil as I am experiencing a 50 to 75 percent improvement in my symptoms for the first time in my life..I also take Xanax daily, but it doesnt do much for the tremors.
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2004, 06:57 PM   #2
    Always_Worrying

Always_Worrying HB User
    Re: Help with tremors..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pete-out-West
    I have finally found a SSRI that works for my OCD. "Anafranil".
    I am up to 250mg per day, and for the first time can really see a decrease in my symptoms. This I am very happy about. The problem is the medication causes marked tremors mostly in my arms, hands, and a quivering in my voice.
    My doc prescribed Inderal for the tremors, but it doesn't work that good, and also has side effects of its own. Has anyone else experienced this or have any advice on a different med to take for the tremors. I really dont want to stop taking tha Anafranil as I am experiencing a 50 to 75 percent improvement in my symptoms for the first time in my life..I also take Xanax daily, but it doesnt do much for the tremors.
    Thanks

I tremor from any SRI that I take. The higher the dose, the worse the tremor is. I've found that it did decrease after a month or so on a medication. Good Luck, I know how that stinks!

Closed Thread