It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• Wellbutrin and adderall effects.........

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-13-2004, 12:08 PM   #1
    isolatedgirl

isolatedgirl HB User
    Wellbutrin and adderall effects.........

Can anyone tell me what kinds of side effects these drugs may have given anyone? Or withdrwel symptoms.
    Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2004, 10:09 PM   #2
    lynn45

lynn45 HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin and adderall effects.........

isolatedgirl, hi!
    I have not taken adderall.
    I take wellbutrin now, the only reason I take wellbutrin is the fact that I can't afford to go to the doctor (no insurance) and they won't refill my zoloft and xanax until I make another appointment. I was able to get my hands on a few months supply of wellbutrin, so I am taking it for lack of better options.
    I used to take Zoloft, at first zoloft made me numb to the world, so I quit taking it and realized how bad I had it, started back again and was scared to death to run out when I did.
    The wellbutrin does NOT help with obssessions or compulsions, at least it doesn't for me. BUT, I am not depressed about OCD, what I mean is, before I had the wellbutrin, I was kind of freaking out over all the obsessions and that would kind of make me depressed, after a while it gets worse and worse and worse.
    SO, I am happy now, BUT still have obsessions and compulsions, they still bother me, but I am not depressed...does that make sense?
    BUT, to answer your question, when you first start taking wellbutrin, you are REALLY, REALLY spaced out for about 5 days. I mean just sitting there, what the hell am I doing, spaced out. THEN, it starts speeding you up, the first month I started it, I felt like the energizer bunny. Now, I still have lots of energy, not quite so bad, still happy, but still have obsessions and compulsions.

Hope that helps you make up your mind!!!!

Closed Thread