It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• Always playing with eyebrows!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-11-2005, 10:59 PM   #1
    Dream0n83
    Inactive

Dream0n83 HB User
    Wink Always playing with eyebrows!

For about as long as I can remember I have this "fetish" of rubbing my eyebrows with my finger nails.

Like taking my nails and getting the eye brow hairs caught underneath and pulling... I sometimes give myself little bald spots on either side...

I sometimes even poke them with sharp pencils or something... I donno? anyone else have this "fetish?"

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2005, 12:52 PM   #2
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
    Re: Always playing with eyebrows!

hairpulling is called trichotillomania and is fairly common, look it up on the net, I dont know whether its classed as OCD
    also look up 'picking'

Old 01-12-2005, 05:22 PM   #3
    OcIceChick
    (female)

OcIceChick HB User

OMG I have the same thing... not so much pulling, but I do that too.. my fetish is that my eyebrows have to be perfect. I'm really beginning to think I'm obsessive compulsive... because whenever I'm in the mirror they have to be PERFECT, and I'm obsessive about facial oil too, if my face is oily then I freak out. My hair can't be pulled back too tight and the reason I have an eating disorder is because I'm so obsessed with body image. I go to the bathroom between almost every class and fix things, like my face oil and hair and eyebrows, clothes, etc... wow. Sorry for rambling but I totally understand about the eyebrow thing. I'm obsessed with grooming them and people make fun of me by saying, "Your eyebrow is messed up," and laughing as I run a finger over it to fix it...

Old 01-12-2005, 09:31 PM   #4
    Mecpcpj
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mecpcpj HB User

As someone else said, this is trichotillomania. I have it as well, except I pull my eyelashes and eyebrows instead of just rubbing my fingers on them. I'm not sure if you have tirchotillomania, but you may be in the beginning stages. It's usually categorized by pulling the hairs out to relieve tension or getting into a trance when pulling your hairs (like doing it without noticing). It can also be accompanied by depression, anxiety, OCD and abuse.

Old 01-12-2005, 09:37 PM   #5
    Dream0n83
    Inactive

Dream0n83 HB User

Mecpcpj-That is what I do...it just seems out of "habit" i grab ahold. I am pulling them, but im pinching the eyebrow hairs inbetween the underside of my finger nails and the skin. So i pull...and it sometimes results in "plucking" the hairs without knowing and I end up with bald spots

I also do slide the hairs through my undernails and skin...I dont know how to decribe the feeling. I like it, but at the same time i wish i could quit! I dont like screwing up my brows...?

Closed Thread