It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• "HELP Please_OCD & Having Weird Thoughts/Voices What Meds Work?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-13-2005, 03:13 PM   #1
    jennyVee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
    "HELP Please_OCD & Having Weird Thoughts/Voices What Meds Work?

Hi Guys I have had OCD from when I can remember, but now i started having negative thoughts that run through my head this is teh 2nd time its happened, I mean its so hard to explain, last night as I was washing sdishes i felt like a voie in my head- it was my own voice, it was weird, and now as I panicked Its happeneing more aften,

its like I can make it happen whevever i think about it? not sure if I am making sense but my symptoms were fine i was not even taking meds, and after i developed asthma, after finidng out we had mold in the a/c air ducts I am having to use the inhalers so many times a day, I have gotten this back, i saw a psychologist today and he says that my own mind is doing this to me, since I dont hear any voice or see weird things, I just envision doing weird things and its so scary that I panick, he says the asthma meds cause this so i called doc to have them changed.

he also said that i dont have schizophrenia, he says its the OCD, that since I got scared the 1st time now I am making it happen, anyway I have to ask my doc for meds since the psychologist cannot prescribe anything, he says that I am not losing my mind, etc.. anyway I do need meds, I am so anxious and with this problem now I am worst please let me know what kidn of meds are good, which ones work, I do have some wellbutrin left that i took for a short time, should I continue that I am not sure how well it works for serious OCD, let me know which ones you have tried thanks so much.

Last edited by jennyVee; 10-13-2005 at 03:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2005, 03:40 PM   #2
    Punkdizzle
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Punkdizzle HB User
    Re: "HELP Please_OCD & Having Weird Thoughts/Voices What Meds Work?

sorry i dont have any advice for you on meds... but i just wated to say that i get the weird inner voices also.. usually my own but sometimes its a voice of someone i know that i may have had a convo with the week before or even some line from a person on a TV show. it is probably the most annoying thing about OCD for me.. i cant shut it off unless i get myself doing something that keeps my mind busy. it scared me so much when it started happening i was sure i was hearing voices.. but i really wasnt it was just my thoughts were so loud in my head and came with such force for no reason at all i thought maybe i was hearing things that were not there.

i can make it happen also when i think about it to much.. and then it sticks in my mind and i start to worry about having schizo even though i have been told time and time again by my shrink and people on here i am not..

one of the really odd episodes i had with this was a few months ago when i was getting some new training for a promotion at work.. the guy that was training me was asian and he spoke with an accent.. for days i would come home at night and hear his voice chattering in my head as if my brain was trying to sort out all the info i was picking up from him that day. it was really odd..

Old 10-13-2005, 09:00 PM   #3
    bkm4673
    Veteran
    (male)

bkm4673 HB User

jenny im starting lexapro saturday so i will soon tell u how its going, i have intruitive thoughts alot too and it sucks i even argue w/myself in my head about someone that when i see them im kind of already irritated with them sucks huh........take care.......

Old 10-14-2005, 06:58 AM   #4
    jennyVee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User

Oh goodness i am so glad I am not alone! thanks for all your replies, my psychologist tells me that luvox and lexapro are good, i remeber once using prozac and it worked very well but i hate taking meds so I stopped it after a fewmonths, also it took away my desire for sex, I have wellbutrin but I wont take it since it wont help OCD,

let me know whow your does Please, I see that lexapro is a popular one on this board so I hope it helps you, I think we kinda brng these thoughts onto ourselves for instance i can make it happen as soon as I remeber having them! man this suck so bad, anyway the psychologist showed me how to relax he says that will help me, he says to breath in while breathing in push your tummy out and while exhaling push your belly in, anyway I have been doing that alot he says that he will show me how to control these thoughts, will of course keep you all updated on the techniques he shows me,. thanks

Last edited by jennyVee; 10-14-2005 at 07:00 AM.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:14 PM   #5
    bkm4673
    Veteran
    (male)

bkm4673 HB User

jenny vee you sweet thx for sharing what your psych said im gonna try that............i will DEFINITELY tell u how the lexapro works.....im a 32yr old single male w/ocd 6'1 185 lbs blonde hair blue eyes fairly attractive and i just really dont look for a gf because i want to focus on straightening my ocd first but im hoping i fix it so i can carty on......................bye write back your sweet....

Old 10-15-2005, 08:47 PM   #6
    r12las
    (female)

r12las HB User

I haven't seen many posts before about people exeriencing the 'internal voice' that people are aware that its themself. I have this a lot. I argue with myself all the time, and it can be very intrusive and can effect everything that I do. Its as if the 'evil' side of me takes control, and am very confused as to which is me (I worry that the dark side is my 'true' me trying to surface!) Hope that makes some kinda sense cause I find it very confusing and often disturbing!!

it does help to know that other people also experience things like this....

thanks 4 this post! - warm regards to all

r12las xx

Old 10-15-2005, 08:49 PM   #7
    r12las
    (female)

r12las HB User

- btw I am on 100mg per day of sertraline (lustral - uk; zoloft-usa) for depression but it says that it help ocd as well but it doesn't seem to be helping me at the moment...

Old 10-16-2005, 09:32 PM   #8
    bkm4673
    Veteran
    (male)

bkm4673 HB User

r12las i feel the same sometimes like maybe thats the real me trying to come out i know it sucks bad..i hope u r ok.....................

Closed Thread