It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• Is fear a symptom of OCD?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-28-2005, 01:51 PM   #1
    littlegal
    (female)

littlegal HB User
    Is fear a symptom of OCD?

I have a fear of everything and I mean everything!!! I think the worst of everything and I just thought it was because I was so negative. I have read so many books on postive attitudes but they don't help. My moods change very quick, happy one minute and totally mad the next. I fear of the unknown and think something bad will happen all the time. I make special trips back in the house to make sure my iron is off or curling iron because of the fear my house burning down. I check my front door several times to make sure I locked it - fear of getting robbed. I work in an office and when I write messages down - if they don't make sense or not neat enough - I do them over. When I drive and someone stops infront of me - I totally freak and look in the rear view mirror - fear I will get hit from behind. I have a stepdaughter and I have to make everything is perfect with her and I don't make her upset - fear of rejection. I go in a public place and I look around to find the bathroom or the exit incase I need a quick getaway! My life seems to be in total FEAR and it is starting to affect my life. What is wrong with me? Could this be part of OCD?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2005, 02:40 AM   #2
    GatsbyLuvr1920
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User
    Re: Is fear a symptom of OCD?

Fear is the number one symptom of OCD, because it is an anxiety disorder. I'm not sure from your post whether or not it's OCD, but it does sound as if you have some sort of anxiety disorder, and from the checking symptoms you described, OCD very well could be a possibility. It may not be OCD, necessarily, but Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). I have both GAD and OCD, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask! God bless!
    -GatsbyLuvr1920-

Last edited by GatsbyLuvr1920; 12-29-2005 at 02:41 AM.

Old 12-29-2005, 08:51 AM   #3
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

my Gawd Gatsby......you are up early......or up late?

Old 12-29-2005, 09:43 AM   #4
    GatsbyLuvr1920
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User

Yeah, for some reason this clock on here never changed for Daylight Savings, so I typed that at 5:40. I told you I have a weird sleeping schedule! lol! I haven't been sleeping well the past few nights. Like, I've been going to bed around 12, and wake up at 4:30, unable to sleep. I think it's because of the "addictive personality" thing- I have lots of books and projects I'm itching to do, and that's all I can think about. It might also be because my OCD's been worse this week, obsession-wise, and that might also contribute to the hypomanic-ish racing thoughts concerning the projects. (My moods have been MUCH better since I started the Lamictal, though.) So, my mom gets up for work at six, and I've been up before her since Monday, and then I'll go back to sleep. I went back to sleep at six today, and got up around eight and I've been up ever since!
    -GatsbyLuvr1920-

Old 01-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #5
    apriltones
    Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

sounds just like me! im exaclty like that! im considering staying in friday 13th as i think somat bad could happen xx

Closed Thread