It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• First Night with Luvox

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-08-2006, 09:38 AM   #1
    octoberbride
    (female)

octoberbride HB User
    First Night with Luvox

Hi Everyone. I started Luvox last night - 25 mgs - upping to 50 mgs in a few days. I was hoping it would help me sleep. Instead I was just kinda relaxed, but not sleepy - so I maybe got 3 hours of sleep last night. One of the reasons my dr. prescribed Luvox was bc of the sedating effect and he hoped it would help my insomnia (which is when my obsessive thoughts are at their worst).

Will the sleep come once I up the dosage? I've been taking Lunesta and Ambien for the past few months to help sleep. I don't think I can combine them with the Luvox at night.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2006, 05:53 PM   #2
    dgold
    (male)

dgold HB User
    Re: First Night with Luvox

to OCtober. Give luvox alot longer chance. It will increase sleep that I guarantee.
    Luvox is the most clean OCD DRUG in terms of side effects. I recommend you gradually increase the dose up to the OCD range of 100-300 mg. a day.
    Dont give up luvox due to a slow start. it works

Old 02-09-2006, 06:09 AM   #3
    octoberbride
    (female)

octoberbride HB User

Thanks! Last night I only got 90 minutes of sleep - I increase to 50 mgs on Saturday.

Can I take a Lunesta with the Luvox tonight? I need some sleep. Thanks.

Old 02-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #4
    seekingnormal05

seekingnormal05 HB User

October...

I can't help with your problem but I have a question if you don't mind.

What was your opinion of Ambian versus Lunesta? I'd like to try Lunesta but for some reason my doc is resistant to prescribing. He's given me Ambian before.

I'm happy with Ambian but I am curious about Lunesta.

BTW, I tried Sonata and it did absolutely nothing for me. Nothing.

Thanks!

Old 02-12-2006, 06:15 PM   #5
    dgold
    (male)

dgold HB User

To October... if your taking the luvox at nite and its keeping you up all night long after a few more days I would start taking the meds in the morning only.
    This should help the problem.
    Still... hopefully your not working all day the following morning because you must be a "basket case" I know I would be too if I did not sleep.
    Stick to the luvox alot longer.

Old 02-13-2006, 11:35 AM   #6
    octoberbride
    (female)

octoberbride HB User

Hi Everyone: thanks for your posts.

Ambien v. Lunesta: Ambien worked great for me for the past year. Suddenly it just stopped working - I would fall asleep but wake up wide awake 2 hours later, unable to fall back to sleep. Ambien CR had the same effect. I love Lunesta. It keeps me asleep all night and I feel so refreshed the next day - love it. The only bad thing is that I experience a horrible metallic taste in my mouth the next day - after taking it for 2 weeks, this side effect is going away. Also, drinking orange juice first thing in the a.m. (before brushing teeth or drinking water) helps alot. My husband has taken Lunesta and doesn't have the taste issue at all - he likes Lunesta also.

Last night I increased my dose of Luvox up to 50 mg. I think I may try to take it in the a.m. I thought it would help me sleep (b/c of the sedating effect it supposedly has), but it makes me very awake. I don't want to rely on Lunesta every night. So, I'll try it in the a.m. tomorrow a.m. and see what that does.

I'm so glad I am getting sleep though - getting little/no sleep really affects me the next day - I feel for anyone who has sleep issues.

Old 02-13-2006, 11:36 AM   #7
    octoberbride
    (female)

octoberbride HB User

Oh - and the Luvox is really seeming to help my obsessive thoughts and improving my mood. So far, I think it is actually helping my OCD. Thank god!

Closed Thread