It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• do you ever get no anxiety but the thoughts are still there?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-22-2007, 05:53 AM   #1
    divalou
    Inactive
    (female)

divalou HB User
    do you ever get no anxiety but the thoughts are still there?

i think thats whats happening to me now. im not getting stupidly anxious but the thoughts that i got anxious about are still there. like loving my boyfriend for example, we've had a few fall outs recently and ive been really upset then its got me thinking "you dont really wanna be with him" "this is the end" "you dont love him" "theres no hope for you now" and ive found myself geting really easily irritated with him even tho hes not annoying and i lvoe him so much!
    My anger levels have increased all round actually i found my temper to be getting shorter and to be more easily annoyed.
    but not really any super anxious feelings.
    is this still ocd/anxiety?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2007, 07:33 AM   #2
    ocdengineer
    Inactive
    (male)

ocdengineer HB User
    Re: do you ever get no anxiety but the thoughts are still there?

All the time. Especially after using Xanax. The thoughts are the hardest thing to control. There is very little in the way of meds that will help you with that one. CBT and meditation are the only two options besides some self-help techniques that may or may not work, to rid you of your obsessive thoughts. I would seriously consider therapy and meditation honestly. I know it is hard to differntiate between thought intrusions and legitimate thoughts. "I don't really love her" versus "I am just having a thought intrusion". How do you know for sure. You don't! You learn to let both thoughts go and just live your life without the constant ruminating both bad and good thoughts.

I hope this helps some,
    OE

Old 02-27-2007, 01:02 PM   #3
    Post-It
    (female)

Post-It HB User

Welcome to my world. I have been dealing with relationship OCD for 1.5 years now and after a certain point, the anxiety stops coming with the thoughts. I think this is because you get used to the thoughts and they become such a part of you because you hear them so often. I can even relate to your annoying issue, because the same thing happened with my husband. Since starting CBT, things have greatly improved and I am much happier!

Old 02-28-2007, 08:21 AM   #4
    in_dublin
    (male)

in_dublin HB User

Hey divalou, we seem to be on the exact same (terrible) trajectory.

I began to recognise my OCD thoughts because they were accompanied by anxiety. It was then easy for me to disregard them and i began to feel a lot better. But then the anxiety stopped even thought the thoughts continued, and I began to wonder if these were actually real issues and not OCD. It set me back all this week. And i had a bust up with my girl because I was getting irritated by her.

But apparently it's all part of the deviousness of OCD. I'm finding it really tought right now...but glad to hear that CBT seems to be a solution...

Old 05-02-2007, 03:41 AM   #5
    Sany28
    (female)

Sany28 HB User

I;m going trough the same thing, my harm thoughts are still there and the anxiety isn't really so I'm asking my self why am I not scared anymore by the thought, am I actually a bad person but I heared that when anxiety goes away even though the thoughts are still there it means you've leared how to control it and you don't let the thoughts bather you as much just just let the pass like any other thought and don't give much importance to them. Also, my anger is unreal sometimes. I snap at my children easily and I'm not gentel with them sometimes when I'm bathing them for example or dressing them. Don't even mention my partner I'm always angry at im and sometimes it's for no reason. Is there something more to thi, my depression coming back, bio polar or just ocd, don't know but I can't live every day thinking about it.

Closed Thread