It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• How long does it take after increasting Paxil dosage to ease OCD guilt and worries?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-01-2007, 11:24 AM   #1
    jan54
    (female)

jan54 HB User
    Smile How long does it take after increasting Paxil dosage to ease OCD guilt and worries?

Hi: I'm new at the website. I think that I have probably had some degree of OCD since my childhood. I worry about thinking bad thoughts about God and others, even those that I am friends with. I worry that reading, watching TV or listening to something might trigger these thoughts.

I was first treated for OCD and depression in 1998, after my dad died of a heart attack. I wasn't able to save him, and having been a nurse, felt guilty. My doctor treated me with low doses of Paxil, and I felt better for a long time. Later, usually in times of stress, or around holiday times, it would start up again. I'd hit the vicious cycle of thoughts, guilt, and depression.

I had another of these cycles start around the holidays this year . I am a practicing Catholic. I have talked to my priest, who assured me that this isn't my fault, and God won't blame me. I have found a spritual director, a Catholic nun who has been very helpful and compasssionate with me. I still feel guilty, not knowing if somehow, I'm bringing these thoughts up in my mind. It's like your mind checks out your current environment, to see if anything might cause a triggering of the OCD. My new psychiatrist has up'd my Paxil CR to 50mg/day and given me something to help me sleep through the night.

I've been on this increased dose for a little over 5 weeks. I get a little more relief, but if I don't keep my mind busy, I worry, and the thoughts can return.
    Do I need to wait a little longer for the increase dose to work? Would CBT help? I want to ask my doctor about this next visit.

You are all in my prayers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread