It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• OCD/Anxiety causes racing thought patters? Maybe Bipolar or Schizophrenia?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-29-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
    Superp150
    (male)

Superp150 HB User
    OCD/Anxiety causes racing thought patters? Maybe Bipolar or Schizophrenia?

Just wondering if it is my ocd/anxiety that makes me feel like my thoughts are racing? It is hard to concentrate sometimes and it really bothers me. Also I have heard that a symptom of Bipolar is racing thoughts.

I always get worried that I am bipolar and or maybe Schizophrenic, but my pdoc assures me that I am not. It just seems too me like there is something else going on in my head other than OCD/Anxiety. I cannot convince myself that my problem is only OCD with a ton of Anxiety.

Also what is the difference in Bipolar II and OCD? I dont have the extremely lows associated with bipolar but it does seem like I have the symptoms of highs, racing thoughts and inability to concentrate sometimes, never manic though just real anxious. My doc keeps telling me that it is my OCD and axiety but I am still not convinced there is not something else that is getting missed like, Bipolar or Schizo?

One thing that makes me feel like I am schizophrenic is that I am always thinking there is a reason behind something. For example, If a friend calls me out of the blue to say hey I feel that there is some hidden agenda to why they are calling me.

Who knows, maybe with my OCD I am just overanalyzing everything???

Any suggestions?

God Bless!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2007, 04:32 PM   #2
    Superp150
    (male)

Superp150 HB User
    Re: OCD/Anxiety causes racing thought patters? Maybe Bipolar or Schizophrenia?

Oh and by the way all of these thoughts and feelings cause me anxiety. I have always been told that if you get anxiety because of thinking certain things then you probably dont have what ever you are worrying about.

Thought I would add that.

Thanks again for everybody on this board!!!!!

Closed Thread