It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• obsession about getting fired

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-31-2008, 09:04 PM   #1
    Post-It
    (female)

Post-It HB User
    obsession about getting fired

Hi everyone! Boy it has been awhile since I've been here. ERP has worked really well for my religious and relationship obsessions. However, OCD has thrown me a new twist.

Lately for about the past week or so, I've been really obsessing over whether or not I will be fired from my job. Realistically I have no reason to believe so. I had an excellent review in September, and everyone says I do a really good job and am needed at work, so I should be happy (job security, right?)

But last week I made a medium-sized mistake in my work and I can't seem to stop obsessing that it will get me fired. I try to gauge people's reactions to me - are they friendly, or are they distant? If I think they are "distant", then it sets of some anxiety that they must know I'm going to lose my job! I do this a lot with my VP and Pres. of the company. Also if if I don't give my weekly update in our meetings I worry this means they are going to let me go and don't care about the status of my work. This has only happened once, though. I go from feeling reassured to getting spiked and feeling convinced I'm going to lose my job.

Also I find myself being extremely anxious about emails I get- like, why did he ask me that, am I going to get fired? My company does not lay off people flippantly, so it's not like I work in an environment full of fear.

Part of me feels totally crazy and nuts for being this way. But then I get spikes about like "you know you're getting fired next week," and stuff. I'm having a hard time with the rational vs. irrationality of this obsession! Am I nuts? I keep thinking, oh, people who get fired always have a "gut" feeling about getting fired, and then I think I have that gut feeling. I hate this! I am so worried about making mistakes in my job.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2008, 08:44 AM   #2
    katrice26
    (female)

katrice26 HB User
    Re: obsession about getting fired

I constantly think that minor mistakes will get me fired. I cannot just let something go or move on. When I'm on the job, I obssess about being perfect. I think I will lose my job and never find another one.

I have been trying aromatheraphy to relax myself. That seems to be working. I have also been researching meditation and breathing exercises. The calmer I am the lesser my obssessions become.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
    tony1527
    (male)

tony1527 HB Usertony1527 HB User
    Re: obsession about getting fired

your not getting fired,unless your a blooming idiot.Let me give you a recap,Joe in the cororner is thinking about the **** he picked up last night,jack is thinking about his marriage is falling apart,mike is thinking how to scam the company,linda is worrying if her **** r percky enough,and theres you the guy worrying about getting fired.Your the last guy there going to fire.gl

Closed Thread