It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• I need reassurance for my ocd

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-31-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
    thisistheday
    (male)

thisistheday HB User
    I need reassurance for my ocd

My whole family, including I, struggle with anxiety / depression / OCD. I struggle a lot with intrusive thoughts. My latest intrusive thought is "i love the devil" or "i want the devil in my heart" which i do not at all, and since i'm a christian, this makes it very intrusive. Then i worry what if I were to become possessed by the devil or whatever. Does anyone else struggle with these thoughts? help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2009, 08:02 AM   #2
    Madymom
    (female)

Madymom HB User
    Re: I need reassurance for my ocd

Yes, I have also had these thoughts...I HATE them. I know it helps to know you are not along.
    I am not sure what it is all about, but I KNOW I do not feel that way as well as I am a Christian! It usually will happen at church!! Then I will get real anxious!
    DO you think our minds just focus on the worst possible thing and dwell on it???
    I hate it too and hopefully when my meds kick in, it will stop.
    Good luck!

Old 06-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
    Tobski
    (male)

Tobski HB User

Do not be afraid. I have intrusive thoughts branching all sorts of things. When they come i try now to face them head on. Establish a reasoning why my mind is doing this to itself. But about the negative thoughts about the devil, have no fear for the Lord knows every inch of your heart and all of what went into creating you, and knows you to be good and favorable to him. We are all tormented by various things, it is life. Just remember when these thoughts come disturbing you that God will not count any of it against you, he knows you by a name only he knows and his love for you shall never be broken. I hope i have helped, and not caused any more angst.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:06 AM   #4
    endless october
    (male)

endless october HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thisistheday View Post
    My whole family, including I, struggle with anxiety / depression / OCD. I struggle a lot with intrusive thoughts. My latest intrusive thought is "i love the devil" or "i want the devil in my heart" which i do not at all, and since i'm a christian, this makes it very intrusive. Then i worry what if I were to become possessed by the devil or whatever. Does anyone else struggle with these thoughts? help!
    OCD makes you think horrible things and then feel guilty for it. it's just part of the disorder. it's not you.

Closed Thread