It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• anybody used quetiapine and citralopram for oc

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
    kittykatz
    (female)

kittykatz HB User
    anybody used quetiapine and citralopram for oc

hi has anybody used quetiapine and or citralopram for pure o and anxiety and if so any results thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2009, 03:22 AM   #2
    jg860
    (male)

jg860 HB User
    Re: anybody used quetiapine and citralopram for oc

I have been on citalopram for the last 2 weeks for anxiety and OCD. Low dose to start with (10mg). Moving on to 20mg in another 2 weeks time. Some side effects to report, headaches, sleeplessness, nausia and diarrhea. Fortunatley, these effects are passing now. My therapist says I should see some good results in the next few weeks or so. Apparently, it takes about a month to 6 weeks to kick in fully. Hope this helps.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:15 AM   #3
    gobsmackedtart
    (female)

gobsmackedtart HB User

hi there, i have used both together at the same time, i take 3 citalopram a day and was on a low dose of quitiapine, ( started on 50mg) i found it instantly helped me with anxiety. previously i was using oxazepam but because of addictiveness was taken off that. i am no longer on quitiapine because of other issues. if i had anxiety attack i would take a quitiapine/seroquel which pretty well would cease attack very quickly. i also think because i knew it worked and i could depend on it my attacks halved very quickly. as for obsessiveness...yes i stil ambut no where near as bad as i was. i hope this helps

Old 08-25-2010, 03:19 AM   #4
    gobsmackedtart
    (female)

gobsmackedtart HB User

hi i just posted a reply also and just saw your post. The good news is the side affects do pass reasonably fast. citalopram has been a life saver for me when many others didnt work. i also no alot of others who have changed to citalopram and rate it very highly. all the best and i hope you get as good results as i have had

Closed Thread