It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• Is this OCD or can I really predict the future? Please help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-16-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
    theman800
    (male)

theman800 HB User
    Is this OCD or can I really predict the future? Please help

My OCD is really bad. Every single thing I do I have to do a certain number of times, sometimes I do it more then just a certain number of times though. In my head all the time I am saying to my self "something bad will happen to me if I don't drink 4 times in a row" I am constantly saying that in my head with everything I do.

When I am playing games sometimes I can't do certain things because I think bad things will happen. I have predicted some things before when I was playing games like I would see certain cars in games and I predicted correctly that I would see them. When I have predicted bad things would happen none of those things have happened but I am convinced that something bad will happen to me if I don't do all those things.

I mostly just check and count a lot, can I really predict the future or do I just have OCD?? How can I stop doing this?? I seen a therapist a while ago but they haven't called back yet, they are really busy so I have to wait.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #2
    AnnD
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
    Re: Is this OCD or can I really predict the future? Please help

Why don't you call the office and be sure you are getting another appointment. This time when you go to the therapist please tell them all that you have talked about on this web site..I have read all your posts...in fact if it is hard to speak the words just show the therapist what you have talked about.. If you don't have a copier just write it all down and hand it too the therapist. Just tell the therapist you are embarrassed to be there and hard for you to find the words and believe me they will help you through the whole session. But you have to speak the truth if you are to get to the bottom of what is going on with you and you must know that you are just one of hundreds of people that therapists see and that is their job to listen to whatever is bothering you and there isn't anything too strange or bizarre that they haven't heard before. That is why they do what they do ...to help you live a more comfortable life and they can't help you if you don't tell them everything that is bothering you. I don't know if you can predict the future but wouldn't you want to know why you think the way you do? You are young and obviously intelligent so take your notes with you to a session and go from there. But....Be sure that you call and make an appointment...yes they are busy there are many people that need help including you so Make the call and feel good about it. They might of misplaced your number or didn't know you were suppose to go back for a followup so make the call and when you do finally get to talk to a therapist let us know how it goes for you. One session isn't going to be good enough you really need to go as much as you can until things are resolved. Good luck.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:05 PM   #3
    theman800
    (male)

theman800 HB User
    Re: Is this OCD or can I really predict the future? Please help

I am going to tell the therapist everything, I just called a week ago and they said they are still busy and can't make me an appointment yet. If I say something bad is going to happen in my head does that mean it's going to happen though?? I'm really scared because I think I can predict the future, and it's making me count everything I do so I will think nothing bad will happen.

Thanks, I am going to go a lot but they are busy right now, I hope I get an appointment soon. I am going to the mental health clinic in my city so they probably won't loose my number hopefully.

Last edited by hb-mod; 04-19-2010 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "QUICK reply" rather than "QUOTE reply". Thanks!

Closed Thread