It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• Dead scared of DOCTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-08-2001, 11:46 AM   #1
    Sickly

Sickly HB User
    Unhappy Dead scared of DOCTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I am dead scared of going to doctors, I havent been in for a check up in the longest time. But right now I really need to see one. I think I have anemia, and I feel terrible every day, I cant stand it. I need to go in a get blood work done, but I'm so afraid that I'm going to pass out when I get there, or throw up,or just plain feel more awful than I already fell right now. I am DEAD scared. Everyone says that If I really wanted to help myself then Id get over my fear and just go to the doctor. But Its not that easy for me. Just the thought of going to the doctor makes me feel nauseated. Does anyone know anyway to go around it? are there house call doctors anymore(In texas)? Or can they sedate me or something, and do what they need to do? I'm just really scared, and I have to go to the doctor soon because I'm getting really sick. Thanks for your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2001, 12:57 PM   #2
    Annalisa

Annalisa HB User
    You might want to try having a close friend or relative go with you. I get scared going to the doctor sometimes, but having someone with me helps. Or you might want to call and speak to a nurse over the phone to see how they can help you before you come in. Maybe like at the dentist they can give you laughing gas or something to calm you. I know this may not be of much help, but it's all I can think of. I hope you find something that works!

Old 10-05-2001, 09:58 AM   #3
    sweetwawa

sweetwawa HB User
    sickly,i've had this my whole life.
    i'm hypochondriachal and panic and have white coat.
    its not unique but its terrifying.
    how old are you about?
    i have anxiety (precipitory) before seeing any physician for any reason.
    then when i get there i'm fine.i mean,actually in w/them performing their duty.
    for some reason, its the initial fear or something which causes me the most anxiety.
    the fear of what, i never knew or understood exactly.

------------------
    save
    grace;find hope;
    keep faith; end war..

Old 02-22-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
    Red Dragon
    (female)

Red Dragon HB User
    Unhappy Terrified of Doctors too

Sickly,

I know exactly how you feel. I would never go to a doctor if I wasn't forced. I don't trust them. I don't like being touched. As long as I don't have to get undressed, I am normally fine. The idea or mention of them asking me to take my clothes off for them to do something to me, I get where I can't breathe, and I start throwing up. The sad part is, I know I need to do it. I am 6 months pregnant. So far I have only been able to let them take blood and do the ultrasound. This isn't my first baby either. I had one 6 years ago, and the husband at the time had to hold me down for them to do what they wanted to do.

So, I know exactly how you feel. I would rather die of something horrible, than go to the doctor and let them touch me.

Closed Thread