It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• Visualization??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-30-2003, 06:35 AM   #1
    DanaGreen

DanaGreen HB User
    Question Visualization??

Hello Everyone..

My name is Dana...I am 25 years old and have had OCD since I was about 10..although I was never diagnosed. I have been to therepists over and over..most said I was a manic depressive....my parents strongly discouraged me from dicsussing my OCD symptoms with the doctor...they were afraid of what they didn't understand. Now that I live on my own, no longer under my parents control...I have decided to see a doctor and talk HONESTLY about my OCD..and maybe try and get some help. I have always experienced "normal" (if there is a such a thing) OCD Compulsions...such as having to always use 4 of everything..4 ice cubes, 4 grapes, 4 potato chips...and so on...there are 4 people in my household (myself, my husband, and my 2 daughters) so each ice cube..etc. represents a person in my family..so If I leave one out..someone dies or gets hurt. But my compulsions are more commonly a visualization thing...such as , when i put my oldest daughter to bed at night...after I turn off her light..I have to visualize everyone in my family's fingers in exact detail..or I have to turn the light on and do it again. Also, when I leave the bathroom I have to visualize the white tile floor in my parents bathroom perfectly..or I have to walk back into the bathroom and do it again...always with the fear that God is watching me..and if I dont do it right..someone in my family dies or gets hurt.I am also a checker..with windows, doors, the strove, coffee maker and so on..it is getting quite disruptive. Does anyone else do these things with visualizing?? I hope so

Dana

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2003, 03:42 PM   #2
    Pfretzsch
    (female)

Pfretzsch HB User
    Pure OCD. Talk to your doctor about medication. You will be suprised how much energy you have to get involved in life when your symptoms ease up.

Closed Thread