It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• Obsessions about Mental Illnes?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-27-2003, 01:12 PM   #1
    LoveMyWay71

LoveMyWay71 HB User
    Post Obsessions about Mental Illnes?

Hi,

Can anyone relate? I have had these obsessions for years... I am convinced that I have bi-polar and I have also had the gay obsession as well... It sucks.. I have had these obsessions for over 14 years. I take medication. But it seems when there is something real in my life I don't want to face or something that stresses me out these obsessions take place. My dr's have all told me in the past they don't think I am gay or have such a mental illness as bi-polar, but I can't help this and half the time I feel "nuts" for not knowing what is real in my life. !!! Can anyone relate? Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2003, 01:33 PM   #2
    Kathrin74
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kathrin74 HB User
    hmmm, weird, for a while i was really obsessed with being bi-polar but it is more like i "wanted" to have it, it so nicely explained a lot of things I was feeling and would be an ientity to hold on to... Your case sounds very ifferent though, more like you're afraid you might have something. maybe a question to ask yourself, what are you most afraid of if you indeed WERE gay or bi-polar? (Don't wworry I am not saying you are! I am pretty convinced that you are not!!! Just a rhetorical question to ask yourself.)

Kathrin

Old 07-28-2003, 06:43 PM   #3
    LoveMyWay71

LoveMyWay71 HB User
    Hi Kathrin,

That is funny that you asked that because one of my many counselors asked me the same thing.... I don't know either.. I have experienced somethings like kissing the same sex and i wasn't affraid of it then, in fact it really didn't do much for me, but for some reason both of these obsessions are really very scarry to me.... thanks for replying...

Closed Thread