It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• is it obsession?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-28-2003, 03:39 PM   #1
    *sunshine*

*sunshine* HB User
    Post is it obsession?

Hey Everyone,
    I was wondering if I could get some input on my situation. Every since I was younger I've always had an... obsession with picking cruties. By crusties I mean, for example the crusties that form around your earings and ear when your ear is infected, and the black crusties that build up around dog's eyes, for anyone who has a pet, or even on my head when i have dandruff or whatever. It is not that I cannot stand crusties, but more so that I enjoy picking them...I know that sounds sick and I REALLY want to break my habbit of picking my dogs eyes because its clear he does not like it. I would not go as far as to say I am hurting him, or that my obsession is hurting anyone for that matter, but I am still concerned. Do I suffer from Obsessive Compulsive behaviour? This is the only really odd habbit I have that may appear that way. I've tried not to pick my dogs eyes, but I really can't help it. I don't know what to do and I do not want to go to a psychologist because I would not say my problem is that serious. I would just like a second opinion on the topic! And maybe if anyone has any explaination on why I am obsessed with it...or feel like I have to...and enjoy it (but afterwards I always feel bad for doing that to my dog and commnonly will say sorry, but then I do it again...) It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    *sunshine*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2003, 05:06 PM   #2
    cattys
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cattys HB User
    That poor pooch. lol

Maybe you could try washing his eyes with a warm cloth to get the stuff off. Then it will be gone and won't bother you.

Best wishes

Closed Thread