It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• strange thoughts about life

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
    bkanese
    (female)

bkanese HB User
    strange thoughts about life

Every since i was little i would always imagine the worst thing that could happen while doing something,
    ex. when i was 9 my baby brother was born, when he was a year my mother would ask me to go get him from his bed when he would wake from a nap, we had about 9 stairs from our levels and i would imagine falling down.. which made me even more cautious, when i was 12 i still had these thoughts i would just be more disturbing, and i would get all shaken up.. my mom would always know and she would tell me to chill out, sit down and i will be fine. then when i was about 15 i would get tingly feelings in my joins when i would think about these things, it is very weird.. <edit> I have these thoughts when i am alone that makes me thing "wow, i am alive.." and it both makes me appreciate life and question how i am living, and sometimes it is certain places that makes me do this.. and also, if i make myself believe something.. i can make it true.. like i told myself i am allergic to onions, now i know when my mother puts the slightest onion in my food, and i get all chocked up and sometimes puke, i lost my virginity not to long ago, use protection and i believed i was pregnant for weeks, started craving food and thinking i could feel a baby in my stomach and when i went to the doctors to take a pregnancy test it came back negative.. twice. and i want to know.. is this normal.. or should i think about seeing a doctor... now that i write it down i make myself sound delusional, and crazy.

Thanks, Joee.

Last edited by msmod; 09-28-2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Removed posting rules violation. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
    reallylovesdogs
    (female)

reallylovesdogs HB Userreallylovesdogs HB Userreallylovesdogs HB User
    Re: strange thoughts about life

I'd start by talking to your doctor. Perhaps you have some OCD or something like that. Don't be embarrassed.

Last edited by msmod; 10-02-2011 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Removed quote. Ms_Mod

Old 10-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #3
    Ndricho
    (male)

Ndricho HB User
    Re: strange thoughts about life

I have been through very tough times with OCD, and from what you describe I think you may have some kind of OCD. It took me a long time to understand that it was OCD going on for me. then the only way to get out of the cycles/obsessions for me was to reduce anxiety, which is not always easy. I hope you are not having other issues, cause OCD added to other conditions makes things worse. Good luck

Closed Thread