It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• Help! Is the ROCD?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
    clinder
    (female)

clinder HB User
    Help! Is the ROCD?

I am so scared confused and alone and empty feeling inside. I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years in two weeks and I have always been so happy. He is literally my everything. He make me laugh and he is always there for me and is so selfless when it comes to taking care of me. We are now in a long distance relationship and have been for the past two years since we have been at college and so we see each other maybe two times a month and have never really had a problem. I went to visit him maybe month ago and the night I got back it just hit me like a brick wall. All I could think about was you need to break up with him and it was overwhelming and there was no reason for it all. Since then all I can think about is what if I don't love him and what if he isn't giving me what I want and need and am I lying to him now and it is killing me to have these thoughts because I know deep down that I love him soooooo much and I don't want to feel like this. I feel so empty inside like I can't feel anything and I feel guilty and I am going to be able to see him tomorrow for the first since all this happened and I am nervous because I know I don't feel this way. When I get closer to the thoughts of actually breaking up with him I burst into tears because I know I am so conflicted and it isn't true but it is almost like I can't control it. It is causing me to be irritable to my family and losing sleep because I wake up in a panic almost every morning. Someone please help and I am sorry for the long post I am just so at a loss here and so exhausted from all of these thoughts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #2
    clinder
    (female)

clinder HB User
    Re: Help! Is the ROCD?

One more thing I feel like I am having a constant competition of voices in my head trying to rationalize what I am thinking. He also is not coming home for the summer for the first time since we have been dating and we will now be 6 hours apart.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
    brandongem1
    (male)

brandongem1 HB User

Hi, I am going through the exact same problem and have been for the last 7-8 months. One of the most important things I can tell you is to follow my instructions carefully, even if they seem like it is the wrong thing to do. So here goes my big number 1 tip for ANY ocd sufferer:

GIVE UP!

I don't know how much you know about rOCD but you need to realise that you are fighting YOURSELF. So if you give up fighting and just accept the fact that you have fallen out of love, then the anxiety and thoughts will give up fighting too. This is harder than it sounds because you have to deeply accept the thoughts in your heart, not just the surface. Only practice can make this perfect and while I still haven't mastered it, it has helped me sometimes.

You also need to realise that rOCD usually comes from insecurity, so try and think if there is anything you are insecure about or might have been in the past.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
    Amandaa111
    (female)

Amandaa111 HB User
    Smile Re: Help! Is the ROCD?

Don't give up the fight. I have been going through the exact same thing too for months and I still haven't given up. Giving up means you let this stuff beat you and take control of your life. You know how really feel and that all that matters. This stuff is going to make you feel things that are not true and were never there. You'll think a thought let consume you and from that thought new thoughts and feelings arise. Don't fall victim to this, OCD is not worth the time. You can try this, I write down in a journal how I really feel and when this stuff drives me nuts I take a look at it and then I relax. My therapist also helps me with coping techniques such as distractions to occupy my mind. You can beat this. Funny, I'm telling you this and I need to take my own advice.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:38 AM   #5
    TrainOfThought
    (male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User

Hi, I recommend therapy (CBT). I am not sure if giving up is the right term for it, but I advice to let those thoughts through don't struggle with them accept them as OCD a disorder and not your true feelings. Don't let Ocd discourage you, it isn't easy but it can be done.

Closed Thread