It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• OCD or something else?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #1
    Flowerpower681
    (female)

Flowerpower681 HB User
    Red face OCD or something else?

My last post was kinda my overall troubles with OCD but now I want to go into more detail about my thoughts or "delusions"
    Ok so my current "delusion" is "what if everyone else around me are aliens?" (I read this was a type of delusion a schizophrenic would have before it started freaking me out by the way.) it freaks me out so much because I think I kinda believe it! I try convincing myself its crazy but I feel like I kinda believe it? Everytime I look at someone I feel scared because of this thought. Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
    AspieOCD
    (male)

AspieOCD HB User
    Re: OCD or something else?

Dont worry its all OCD if it was a delusion you would believe it 100% and be trying to tell others that people are aliens, the fact you are trying to convince your self it is crazy is proof you dont believe it, Also the fact you've read its a sign of schizophrenia is also your ocd now trying to convince you you're becoming schizophrenic, I have severe pure OCD and ive worried about everything from people being aliens to people existing only in my mind, even more bizarre things i wont share lol. just remember its your ocd nothing more.

Last edited by msmod; 10-05-2013 at 10:33 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to AspieOCD:
    Flowerpower681 (10-06-2013)
    The Following User Says Thank You to AspieOCD For This Useful Post:
    Old 10-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
    Flowerpower681
    (female)

Flowerpower681 HB User
    Re: OCD or something else?

Thank you so much. I'm literally tearing up of joy. You have no idea how special it is to hear it from someone else. I appreciate your response and i hope you OCD gets better as well. Take care!

Also, after you said "who would believe it 100% and try to tell people they are aliens", would my OCD make me think you believe it 100% and want to tell people they are aliens?

Last edited by msmod; 10-06-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
    Flowerpower681
    (female)

Flowerpower681 HB User
    Question OCD- Please Reply!

Hey guys please help me out here i'm having a rough week anyway I had a weird thought like ''what if everyone are aliens disguised as humans?'' (I read this was a type of delusion on a schizophrenic forum before I started obsessing over it.) I got a reply to my previous post ''OCD- or something else?'' by someone saying it was OCD because

1: I don't 100% believe it (even though my OCD tells me otherwise)
    2: I would try to convince others they are aliens (I don't do that haha)

anyway the reason I'm writing again is to ask Can OCD make you feel like you believe your thoughts even just a little? And also, is there such a thing as mental health hyprochondriac? Like your mind almost makes you have symptoms of schizophrenia? (not hallucianting or voices) but like mild delusions? or are mine even delusions? thanks please respond

Old 10-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
    AspieOCD
    (male)

AspieOCD HB User
    Re: OCD- Please Reply!

Your ocd will make you keep worrying about this until you stop trying to outlogic it you need to just let the thought be in your mind because its not real no matter how real it feels and yes it can make you feel like you believe it thats what triggers the anxiety, if it was a delusion you would believe it like completely, yeah you can have mental health hyphocondria, trust me if you were developing schizophrenia u wouldn't be on here worrying if you were schizophrenics have no insight to their thoughts so you wouldn't even think the thoughts were bizarre. the fact you think its a bizarre thought even tho the ocd will try and make you believe it isn't still shows you have insight into it. so no they are not delusions your anxiety is very high which is why your thoughts probably switch rapidly im guessing, so yes ocd can make you worry you are believing the thoughts and your OCD sounds quite severe like mine so like i previously said. its all ocd and anxiety.

The Following User Says Thank You to AspieOCD For This Useful Post:
    Old 10-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #6
    Flowerpower681
    (female)

Flowerpower681 HB User

thanks! by the way, all the things you have told me, have you heard these from doctors or a psychiatrist? Or are they things that you have read on the internet? sorry just wondering!

Last edited by Flowerpower681; 10-06-2013 at 06:09 PM.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
    AspieOCD
    (male)

AspieOCD HB User

Well at the moment my only diagnosis's are Aspergers syndrome and Severe OCD.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #8
    Flowerpower681
    (female)

Flowerpower681 HB User

what treatment are you doing for your OCD and is it helping at all? you seem like you know pretty much whats going on inside your mind

Old 10-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #9
    AspieOCD
    (male)

AspieOCD HB User

I was on risperidone antipsychotic and Fluexotine (Prozac) 60mg for a few month but ive stopped taking the medication because personally i didn't feel it was helping and risperidone i didn't like that much but everyone is different, im trying a few natural remedies atm which i doubt will work lol but gotta try everything, Yeah ive been trying to figure my own mind out i get bizarre thoughts daily that i just dont respond too, dont try and outlogic the thoughts because you cant they will only get worse.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #10
    Flowerpower681
    (female)

Flowerpower681 HB User

honestly, with someone like me with ''severe OCD'' would it be harder to treat? or even possible to treat? like at the moment, is your OCD symptoms at least manageable? I am not on any medication at the moment and have only had this for 3 months. I go to see my psychiatrist on tuesday.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #11
    AspieOCD
    (male)

AspieOCD HB User

Yeah its treatable but OCD never goes away completely sadly, medication helps some people and CBT therapy is what they usually do for people with OCD, My ocd is manageable but it can get quite frustrating as you probably already know, your psychiatrist will probably try you on some medication soon to see if it helps but id personally prefer to try and manage it other ways so im not relying on a drug because then when you eventually come off them its gonna be a lot harder.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #12
    Flowerpower681
    (female)

Flowerpower681 HB User

So its always gonna be there but it won't always bother me? or make new fears? I'll eventually forget I have it throughout the day?

Old 10-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #13
    AspieOCD
    (male)

AspieOCD HB User

Well you might sometimes not think about the current obsession you have but CBT will teach you coping techniques and stuff like that, your obsession will most likely change soon to something else but now you know its OCD you need to try not to let it worry you as much.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #14
    Flowerpower681
    (female)

Flowerpower681 HB User

I guess im just scared because I don't want to feel this scared the rest of my life i dont want new obsessions to pop up the rest of my life

Old 10-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #15
    AspieOCD
    (male)

AspieOCD HB User

Yeah neither do i lol we are in a similar situation its a horrible illness My obsessions just dont even make sense at all they are not even possible lol, but you just have to find ways to manage them i guess, if you get any thoughts or anything you worry about just tell me if u like cus im sure ive had similar.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, delusions, help me, help me!, ocd