It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• Is this Philosophical OCD?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
    Flowerpower681
    (female)

Flowerpower681 HB User
    Question Is this Philosophical OCD?

I am kinda worried because lately I have been thinking I have been having delusions. I was diagnosed with OCD about 3 weeks ago but have been having symptoms for 3 months (depersonalization, fear of killing others, fear of schizophrenia). After reading about weird delusions Schizophrenics have (everyone else are aliens dressed up as humans) I started to think that in a OCD like style. Then I got scared because I read Schizophrenics BELIEVE their thoughts so then I started to think I kind of believed them. No matter how much I would try to convince myself it is crazy and we are all humans, there are still those weird feelings of almost doubt. I'm really scared but is this considered philosophical OCD because honestly there is no real 100% answer to if everyone else is aliens (I know that there is proof and I don't 100% believe this) but I'm scared eventually this will turn into schizophrenia or psycosis. I have also had thoughts like "what if nothing is real? What if I'm in a dream?" Is this my OCD causing these thoughts and feelings or is it something more serious?!? PLEASE HELP!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
    TrainOfThought
    (male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User
    Re: Is this Philosophical OCD?

Hi, yea pretty much sounds like OCD. Are you getting treatment, if no please do so. I used to have some similar types of obsessions, some psychiatrist calls this type of OCD patients "tormented". This type of people suffer from mental obsessions and complicate thoughts. A quick tip I can give you is to let those thoughts go through, just let them go by and identify them as "OCD thoughts" "mental garbage" or however you want to call them, but remember those disgusting thoughts are not your own they are OCD, NOT you.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
    Flowerpower681
    (female)

Flowerpower681 HB User

Thank you. I have read other people with really similar thoughts and feelings and I know I'm not the only one going through this. I just feel scared because my OCD is almost making me believe them.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:54 PM   #4
    TrainOfThought
    (male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User

Hi Flowerpower, reassuring is considered a ritual so it will be wise to control it. You see it is never enough for it. And if you keep doing it you will be caught in the cycle again.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-02-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, help me, ocd, scared