It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

• Somebody PLEASE - help me - Unusual obsession, ROCD about friendships!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-31-2014, 11:16 PM   #1
    justtalktome
    (female)

justtalktome HB User
    Somebody PLEASE - help me - Unusual obsession, ROCD about friendships!

Hi everybody. I'm new to internet boards. I'm very desperate for somebody to help and understand me-I'm 18 years old, and I have never yet been able to find someone who has the same obsession as me. I have relationship centered OCD, but it's about friendship. I worry about being in too much pain and not being able to befriend certain people and therefore missing out. For example, I worry that I will have too much anxiety or sadness around people who know my ex boyfriend, so my OCD tells me I cannot be friends with those people and to not be open to them. My OCD is always looking for a reason to avoid a friendship or why it may go bad or why it may not be right, especially if the person in question knows an ex or an enemy of mine. Does ANYONE else experience something similar? What has helped? I've had good therapists, but I would love to be able to talk to some people who have experienced what I have, or even just people who have OCD in general! Thanks a lot. By the way, I'm 18, so if this obsession seems very "high school", well, yeah....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread