It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Am I over thinking or should I be concerned

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-31-2015, 08:47 AM   #1
    kelsie28
    (female)

kelsie28 HB User
    Am I over thinking or should I be concerned

I'm a 28 year old female. I feel like it's all in my head or I'm stressing over nothing. Well, nearly 10 years ago I started noticing things. My hands and arms (below the elbow) would go tight. It took effort to move my fingers. Almost like they were asleep. My fingers in both hands would also spasm. My lips would also go tight and tingle. I get headaches. ..a lot. So I went to a neurologist and she said it was a cluster headache. Even though I didn't always have a head ache at the time. No tests were done. So I brushed it off.
    Over the course of the 10 years, things have changed slightly. My hands still go tight and spasm. I've developed a slight stutter when talking. It only happens when I'm excited, or explaining things. My head will shake when I'm applying eyeliner to clients, and it takes a lot of effort to keep it still.
    I have to be careful when I yawn. If I'm not, it'll feel like every bone, joint, muscle, ligament is breaking and tearing all at once from my neck to my ribs on my right side. I can't breath, talk, or stand. I'm on the floor in a fetal position until the pain goes away.
    For the past four years I've developed aquagenic wrinkling of the palms. No medications caused it since I wasn't taking anything. Not even OTC.
    I also have bowel issues. I've eaten dinner and five minutes later it'll come out undigested. I've become lactose intolerant. Some weeks I can't keep food in me. Not even water. One sip will send me to the restroom. It's painful. I get sick, I sweat, and it's just so painful...the cramps...I get hunger pains from going so much even though I've eaten. I very rarely have normal bowel movements. Sometimes there like mucus, and sometimes there's not.

My wife pointed out to me that I don't have normal toes. I have never been able to bend my big toes at the joint. But i can cross the toes next to my big toes over the big toes.
    I did just go see a doctor finally. He looked at me like I was crazy. He did inform me that my joints in my hands and the ligaments aren't normal. I thought they were. I can lock my joints in my fingers, bend the tips of my thumbs back at a straight angle, cross all finger together, and put my thumb behind all my fingers.
    I'm tired a lot. All the time. After my hands tighten, the muscles seem to hurt and ache. In the span of 3 months I went from 20/20 to now needing glasses and having an astigmatism.
    So is it all in my head? Unrelated? Or what? I've always been fine. I've never been diagnosed with anything except endometriosis and cysts on my ovaries. Please give me something.

I forgot to mention that for two years now I have total brain farts. When I'm doing inventories and I have to read part numbers, I struggle. I see the number and I recognize them, but it's like my brain struggles to say the numbers. And I'm just left there waiting to be able to "figure" them out even though I know what number it is.

Last edited by kelsie28; 06-01-2015 at 05:13 AM. Reason: I want it removed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2015, 09:01 AM   #2
    kristinMac
    (female)

kristinMac HB User
    Re: Am I over thinking or should I be concerned

Have you tried changing your diet, visiting allergist, and practicing mindfulness?

Old 05-31-2015, 09:06 AM   #3
    kristinMac
    (female)

kristinMac HB User

The only reason I ask is because some of your issues sound like mine, I've been diagnosed with TMJ/TMD, ETD, Scoliosis and yeast syndrome. Trying to deal with all at once

Old 05-31-2015, 09:24 AM   #4
    kelsie28
    (female)

kelsie28 HB User

I've gone for blood work to see about my diet affecting me, and I'm waiting on the results. Jaw issues have been ruled out as well as carpal issues. So whatever it is it isn't from tmj or any of those.

Closed Thread