It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• What's wrong with me? - spacey feeling, lightheaded, and more

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-24-2015, 09:23 PM   #1
    ajohansen9
    (female)

ajohansen9 HB User
    What's wrong with me? - spacey feeling, lightheaded, and more

Hi. My name is Anne, and I am 19 years old. I have had no major health problems in the past other than always having low blood pressure and being slightly anemic. I have been having this problem for almost 2 months now and all of my doctors have still not been able to figure me out entirely, so I'm hoping to get some input here.

How it started: I had a very bad sinus infection at first and my symptoms were: feeling dizzy and lightheaded nearly 24/7, horrible sinus pressure, out of it feeling 24/7, and some stomach pain. Not my typical symptoms, considering I have several allergies and I get sinus infections fairly often. I also had spells where I would feel out of it and then all of a sudden I would have a weird feeling rush through my body and I would feel like I was going to either throw up or pass out. This would last for hours and I would feel exhausted as it was happening, it was very scary. My ENT gave me prednisone, levofloxacin, and an antibiotic nasal irrigation, placing the blame on my sinus infection. After about 2 weeks I felt no better and the prednisone steroids gave me horrible side effects like anxiety attacks and nausea (which i had never experienced before either). I was then given a 21 day course of bactrim ds. After taking that and not leaving my house at all for a month, I wasn't having the same dizziness as I had always had but I still had symptoms. So, I was slightly better.

We then went to my internist and she diagnosed me with anxiety and I was instructed to take a small dose of xanax whenever I felt really spacey or had a "spelll". Although I do not believe I have anxiety since these spells will come on when I am just sitting watching tv, I took the xanax a few times and it did not seem to really help. I still felt the same symptoms. She also suggested me having a gluten allergy, but I've been eating whatever for 19 years and it seems strange that all of a sudden I just have this gluten allergy. I have been monitoring what I eat and the stomach problems are not triggered by any certain foods.

So here I am now, the doctors have no other suggestions. I feel spacey and out of it almost 24/7 but especially so when I try to get up, move around, and do things. I don't have stomach pain every day like I used to, but I still have it once in a while and that brings on more of the spacey feeling and I feel like I am going to pass out or throw up. I am not able to drive, I am not able to do things, I had to give up my summer job, and I am desperate for any answers. I just want my life back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2015, 01:52 PM   #2
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
    Re: What's wrong with me? - spacey feeling, lightheaded, and more

Have you tried taking some aloe vera for your stomach. It is all natural and does wonders. I am wondering if you have an ear problem or a bad tooth, both, of which can raise all sorts of problems with one. Allergies can effect people in many ways and I know when mine are bad, I cannot even think straight, my memory goes and the list goes on and on and this has been a TERRIBLE allergy year. Good luck.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:51 AM   #3
    Badger99
    (male)

Badger99 HB User
    Re: What's wrong with me? - spacey feeling, lightheaded, and more

What you are describing does sound like a sinus issue more then an anxiety issue. After a bad sinus infection I was literally dizzy and out of it for over 7 years. I had every scan in the book done and they couldn't find anything wrong.

Well, one day I was eating really spicy food and my nose was running and I realized that my head didn't feel so dizzy, foggy, or have a detached feeling. After the spice wore off and my nose wasn't running the fogginess began to set in again. That is when I began to realize it really was sinus pressure and not something else.

For a while I combated it by eating the spiciest food I could stand, which would make my nose run and my head feel better. I did some research and found a nasal spray that contained capsaicin. This caused my nose to run without having to eat spicy food. Since I was now convinced it was sinus related I bought a sinus irrigation machine and used it daily. You shoot it up one nostril and the solution comes out your other nostril over a sink.

The combination of the sinus irrigation machine along with things that made my nose run, like spicy food, eventually cured me. It still comes and goes, especially if I get a cold, but it isn't daily anymore and for the most part I feel great.

Try eating enough spicy food (that won't hurt your stomach) that it will make your nose really run, to the point where it's nice and clear and you need to keep blowing it. It's a simple test and quite harmless, and it put me on the right track to cure my sinus pressure and dizziness.

Obviously you could have something else entirely wrong, but it's worth looking into sinus cavity blockage as the culprit.

Closed Thread

Tags
    lightheaded, spacey