It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Please Help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-03-2016, 01:35 PM   #1
    Harlow88
    (male)

Harlow88 HB User
    Please Help!

Hi, for years now I have been suffering frequent and intense migraines. However, recently over the past months I have began feeling extremely tired, more nauseous than usual, dizzy and extremely sensitive to light during In an episode also pain behind my eye is become worse. Also, I have began feeling like an electric shock in my neck going towards my head for less than second, this has only happened a couple of times. Should I be worried please help. I am an 18 year old male

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2016, 01:50 PM   #2
    JaB83
    (male)

JaB83 HB User
    Re: Please Help!

That sounds like anxiety. Maybe migraines, and then anxiety on top of it. I've suffered from anxiety on and off and it can do some crazy stuff to your body. Including that electric shock feeling in your head. I'd try to relax and make an appointment with a general practitioner.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:51 PM   #3
    sickstudent
    (female)

sickstudent HB User

I am sorry that you have been dealing with these problems for so long. I am a migraine sufferer as well. Mine are usually brought on by stress and anxiety.
    Would you say that the light sensitivity is due to the migraines?
    Is the pain in both eyes or only one?
    Have you seen a doctor for your symptoms?

Old 01-03-2016, 01:57 PM   #4
    JaB83
    (male)

JaB83 HB User

I saw a doctor for my migraines a long time ago, and was told that they were probably being brought on by stress. They told me to lay in a dark room with a cold compress over my eyes and take ibeprophin when I felt one coming on, and try to relax. It worked marginally well, but then the circumstances in my life that were causing me to be stressed out changed and I stopped having them. Migraines can definitely cause light sensitivity and pain behind your eyes like that. Nausea too. I'm no expert, and am not sure about one specifically over another. It'd be worth seeing a doctor for, if for no other reason than to rule out the possibility of anything else, but I'd bet they'll tell you that you're stressed out/anxious. Again, not an expert though.

Seeing an eye doctor might not be a bad idea either, just to get your vision checked. If you need glasses that could potentially bring on symptoms like that too. If you're not seeing properly and are straining your eyes a lot without realizing it.

Last edited by JaB83; 01-03-2016 at 01:59 PM.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:58 PM   #5
    Harlow88
    (male)

Harlow88 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sickstudent View Post
    I am sorry that you have been dealing with these problems for so long. I am a migraine sufferer as well. Mine are usually brought on by stress and anxiety.
    Would you say that the light sensitivity is due to the migraines?
    Is the pain in both eyes or only one?
    Have you seen a doctor for your symptoms?

Hi, the migraines have happened atleast 3 times a week for about 9 years now, I don't think its stress related due to the amount I get and Ive been to the gp for my normal migraines and no medication has helped

Old 01-03-2016, 02:01 PM   #6
    Harlow88
    (male)

Harlow88 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JaB83 View Post
    I saw a doctor for my migraines a long time ago, and was told that they were probably being brought on by stress. They told me to lay in a dark room with a cold compress over my eyes and take ibeprophin when I felt one coming on, and try to relax. It worked marginally well, but then the circumstances in my life that were causing me to be stressed out changed and I stopped having them. Migraines can definitely cause light sensitivity and pain behind your eyes like that. Nausea too. I'm no expert, and am not sure about one specifically over another. It'd be worth seeing a doctor for, if for no other reason than to rule out the possibility of anything else, but I'd bet they'll tell you that you're stressed out/anxious. Again, not an expert though.

Seeing an eye doctor might not be a bad idea either, just to get your vision checked. If you need glasses that could potentially bring on symptoms like that too. If you're not seeing properly and are straining your eyes a lot without realizing it.
    Hi, I have seen a doctor about it for years now. They say it's unlikely to be stress related due to the amount I get (3or more a week). I'm just more worried about the symptoms become more painful and new ones. Also I have my eyes checked 20/20 vision.

Old 01-03-2016, 02:03 PM   #7
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

You need to be seeing a neurologist, not a GP. I'm surprised they've never sent you to one.

Old 01-03-2016, 02:05 PM   #8
    Harlow88
    (male)

Harlow88 HB User

Hi, I have seen a neurologist when I was about 8 years old, they were unsure what it could be and haven't been able to do anything. But it's just recently the shock pain in my neck has started

Old 01-03-2016, 02:06 PM   #9
    JaB83
    (male)

JaB83 HB User

Yeah if you've had your eyes checked, and are having them that regularly for that long I'd have to agree with the above poster. You might need a referral for that though, I know for some of the more specialized stuff you do.

Old 01-03-2016, 02:08 PM   #10
    Harlow88
    (male)

Harlow88 HB User

Quote:
    Yeah if you've had your eyes checked, and are having them that regularly for that long I'd have to agree with the above poster. You might need a referral for that though, I know for some of the more specialized stuff you do.

Hi, I've been before as a child and they were unable to find the problem I am going to make an appointment though. Do you have any idea what it could be ?

Old 01-03-2016, 02:11 PM   #11
    JaB83
    (male)

JaB83 HB User

No, not really. Pretty much exhausted my experience with migraines. Mine were stress related, so I didn't get any further into any kind of treatment or more strenuous diagnosing than that.

Old 01-03-2016, 02:12 PM   #12
    Harlow88
    (male)

Harlow88 HB User

Quote:
    No, not really. Pretty much exhausted my experience with migraines. Mine were stress related, so I didn't get any further into any kind of treatment or more strenuous diagnosing than that.

Thanks, I have also been getting pain in my fingers when holding onto things they become numb and stiff and quite painful, I'm not sure if this could be related?

Old 01-03-2016, 03:20 PM   #13
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Harlow88 View Post
    Hi, I have seen a neurologist when I was about 8 years old, they were unsure what it could be and haven't been able to do anything. But it's just recently the shock pain in my neck has started

Since you originally indicated you are seeing a GP,I suggested a neuro. If it's been 10 years since you've seen a neuro, you need to go back and have an MRI. If you are currently seeing a neuro, please pardon me for being confused.

Closed Thread

Tags
    dizzy lightheaded nausea fatigue tired, migraine, pain