It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Episodes of Severe Abdominal Pain, Pressure, and Vomiting

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-20-2016, 06:04 PM   #1
    awood31
    (female)

awood31 HB User
    Episodes of Severe Abdominal Pain, Pressure, and Vomiting

I have had 3 episodes of severe abdominal pain, pressure, and vomiting.

I have allergies to dairy and cashews, and I am very diligent with avoiding said foods.

The first was in mid-October. I went to sleep around 11:00 PM and woke up at midnight with pain. I tried to adjust my position, but it got worse. The pain was all across my upper/middle abdomen, and the pressure was in the same place. I tried to have a bowel movement with no luck. I felt the urge to vomit, and I did once, but it was just water. I ate around 7:00 PM, but I had water to drink around 10:00 PM. I tried massaging my abdomen and using essential oils with no luck. It took 2 hours for the pain to subside before I could go to sleep again. The pressure continued through the next evening, but it wasn't severe. I had normal bowel movements after the initial episode.

The second was in late October. I woke up around 7:00 AM with the pain. I urinated then had a bowel movement. After that I vomited as well. The vomit looked to just be stomach acid. The pain and pressure were in the same place. I had to push through the pain and head to work around 8:30 AM. The pain subsided around 9:00 AM, but the pressure continued for the next 48 hours. I noticed it the most when I would stand up. I had normal bowel movements after the initial episode.

The third was in mid-November. I went to sleep around 10:30 PM. I woke up at 11:00 PM with the pain. It was the most severe yet. I tried to have a bowel movement with no luck, but I threw up almost immediately. I continued to throw up every 5-10 minutes for the next hour. I became shaky, dizzy, and feverish. I finally got enough strength to go into bed and somehow fall asleep while still being in pain. The pressure continued for 48 hours, and it was severe. It was uncomfortable to move during this period, but my bowel movements remained normal.

I tried to see a doctor after all these episodes, but my student health clinic on campus never has any openings! And I can't afford to go to the ER unless it is something very, very severe.

I am so worried that I will have another episode. I can't imagine how terrible the pain will be next time..

Has anyone experienced this pain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2017, 02:47 PM   #2
    DebraD43
    (female)

DebraD43 HB User
    Re: Episodes of Severe Abdominal Pain, Pressure, and Vomiting

Dear awood31,
    My daughter in law is experiencing similar very similar pain at present and has for 5 wks!! Please let me know if you have had an answer to your health issue being solved as we are wits end to help her! The hospital drs and medical staff surgeons Gyno etc have done tests galore everything they can think of to no avail! They even did key hole surgery and perused around but nothing! They removed her appendix in case it was that but that was normal!! Please let me know if you were able to find help thank you

Debra xx

Last edited by Administrator; 02-13-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:36 PM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Is the pain under your ribcage on the right side? If so, it sounds like gallbladder and you should definitely see a doctor for testing.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:47 AM   #4
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear awood31,

Though there is typical pain related to gall bladder issues, the pain can be in one location or multiple, or anywhere in the back, abdomen and chest area. There may or may not be vomiting or other symptoms. Symptoms are often a little different for each person.

My gall bladder related pain was stabbing pain in the middle of my back, only at night when I was laying down. My doctor recognized it as likely gall bladder related and I had surgery within a week.
    This is so common it annoys me how much doctors look at everything else before even checking the gall bladder.

Some have digestion issues after gall bladder removal and I did. Digestive enzymes help a lot. I still have to occasionally use them. A tablespoon of unfiltered apple vinegar that has the 'mother' in it, every morning, helps a lot too.

We need to avoid eating hard fat which is difficult for the human body to break down, and use only real butter or cold-pressed olive oil for meal preparation. (I even give our dogs a little cold-pressed olive oil in their food every day to aid their dry skin and hair.)

Gall bladder issues most typically affect women somewhere in mid life (I was age 35), and it is very common. It also affects males, maybe less often.

Take care sweetie and let us know what happens.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-13-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
    abdominal pain, abdominal pressure, shaking/chills, vomiting