It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• New Member - Could use some advice

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-30-2017, 11:49 AM   #1
    MMitchell
    (male)

MMitchell HB User
    New Member - Could use some advice

Hi All -

I am new to this site and was looking for some advice on what you would do if you were in my situation...

When I think back to when my health issues first started, I would say it was some time in late September when I had one of the worst sinus infections (at least that is what I was diagnosed with) ever.

My gf and I were traveling out of town so I received a diagnosis over my phone, using the doctor on demand app, and was prescribed a 10 day steroid. On one of our flights, my sinus pressure was so bad, that I felt a pop behind my left eye and nose and had a nasty bloody/mucus discharge coming from there. Upon returning to Texas, things seemed to be ok but I noticed that I started to have a tingling sensation on my left cheek bone and never really thought much of this.

Jump forward to December and the tingling was still there, so when I went to see a PA about a prescription refill I mentioned the tingling to her and also mentioned that I was starting to have a fullness feeling in my left ear and also felt like my face/eye was being pulled down slightly towards my neck and collarbone area - really weird sensation. She gave me a 6 day steroid and I was on my way. Also worth mentioning that at the same time, I had traveled for work and on one of my flights back, I noticed some really bad pain in the back of my chest, again on the left side. A couple days later, after a night of drinking, I woke up to the worst hangover ever, where it felt like every nerve in my body was on fire and my stomach was tender to the touch. Brushing all these weird symptoms off - attributing to drinking or sinus infections - I start to get back to my work routine until right around Christmas, where after a long day of work I notice that my left eyelid is droopy and the pupil is more dilated than the right. This is where everything heads south thanks to Dr. Google.

At this point, I begin to google why my eyelid would suddenly droop and start running through all the scenarios and one that scares me the most is Horner's Syndrome, since this is attributable to a lung tumor and I also realized that, in addition to the droopy eyelid, I also sweat less on my left side and my eye sits further back within the eye socket.

Not surprisingly, I am quite paranoid and begin to give myself a really intense inspection where I also noticed that my tongue, on the left side, seems larger than the tongue on the right side and my muscle tone on the left side of my face is less than that on the right, if you were to look at me my nose and mouth droop more so on my left side. As a former dipper, I have self-diagnosed myself either with some sort of Pancoast tumor or mouth cancer....awesome! Also, what better time to discover this than right around Christmas, where all doctors are on vacation and appointments are booked as people are trying to get their last visits in prior to premiums starting over.

So let me just give you a run-down of what test I had completed:

1) multiple oral cancer screens by dentists using the velscope, ENT endoscopy and a biopsy of my lingual tonsils performed by an oral surgeon. The final diagnosis showed inflammation of lymphoid tissue but no cancer

2) MRIs of Brain, Head Orbits, and Neck to rule out any sort of tumor of the eye, brain, or mouth/neck that would cause the droopy eyelid and tonuge issues. Final diagnosis showed no tumors

3) CT scans with/without contrast of Sinus, Neck, Chest, and Abdomen. Final diagnosis showed no tumors.

4) Upper endoscopy of esophagus and shockingly, no tumors or abnormalities.

5) Multiple rounds of blood work and ultrasounds and everything is just peachy

As you can see, all the test are coming back with great results but what worries me is that I have had worsening symptoms.

The chest pain first noted in December has gotten considerably worse and it hurts to breathe and sleep on my left side. I have also started noticing a cough on and feel that my heart rate / pulse increases substantially when I am completing any excercise. Additionally, I have not had an appetite for the last 4 months and when I do eat/drink anything my stomach becomes really bloated and is painful, but what is weird is that I hardly have to poop anymore and whenever I drink any water my stomach becomes really bloated and then it runs right through me. I've also had night sweats. Finally, over the last two to three weeks I have noticed two additional symptoms that have scared me the most. The first is fatigue - I am talking I drink 3 cups of coffee when I get to work and am to the point where I could fall asleep at my desk 3 hours later. By the time I get home, I am usually asleep by 7:30 or 8:00. I hardly ever dream anymore, if I do it is very vague, almost like my body is shutting down. When I wake up in the morning, I do not feel rejuvenated, more so just scared and tired to live another day like this. The last is the fact that all of my muscles have seemingly disappeared. I haven't changed any workout routine, as I still lift and run 4-5 times a week, but I have gotten considerably weaker and have far less stamina over the last two weeks.

I am sure this is a hell of a first post and I was probably labeled as a hall-of-fame hypochondriac during the opening paragraph but if you're still reading this, what would your next steps be? I have been on some anxiety medicine but the symptoms are still there so I know there is some underlying issue - just looking for advice on where you'd go, as the symptoms are all over the board and are quite vague. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Last edited by MMitchell; 03-30-2017 at 12:11 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2017, 12:14 PM   #2
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
    Re: New Member - Could use some advice

wow, sorry you're going thru all this. This is just a shot in the dark, but have you ever been tested for lyme disease?

Closed Thread