HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Open to All Other Health Topics (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/open-all-other-health-topics/)
-   -   GP says medical mystery - possible lymphoma or something else? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/open-all-other-health-topics/1032494-gp-says-medical-mystery-possible-lymphoma-something-else.html)

T1210 03-31-2017 09:10 AM

GP says medical mystery - possible lymphoma or something else?

Hi Guys,

I am at a complete loss and in total limbo atm! Just wondering if anyone has any advice or has experienced anything similar to what I am going through - I know no one can diagnose but a doctor but any insight would help my mind!

I'm a 21 year old Female and I have been progressively getting more unwell since a few months before christmas. I first went to the doctor with moderate to severe shortness of breathe to which they said I might have late onset adult asthma, I was prescribed anti biotics and a blue inhaler. The antibiotics didn't work and the blue inhaler wasn't helping so I went back to which they said I might have a respiratory infection and was sent away with steroids and a brown inhaler. The steroids also did nothing and the brown inhaler had no effect either.
I went back for a third time I went back recently and they have now said its probably anxiety and have given me tablets for a panic disorder! I feel like I am not being listened to and they're just giving me loads of random pills to shut me up, they just said I was a medical mystery.
My symptoms have progressed to: severe headaches(migraines every now and again), extreme fatigue to the point where I will sleep for the whole night and take a 5/6 hour nap during the day as I cannot stay awake, nausea, persistent sweating - throughout the day but especially at night, chills, low grade fever of 37.5, shortness of breath, swollen lymph node in my neck under my jaw about the size of a kidney bean, swollen lymph node in my groin much larger than a kidney bean. On top of all of this I generally feel unwell and my head feels hazy. I'm really struggling to concentrate and its seriously effecting university and all aspects of my life atm.
I also had a small bout of Purpuric and petechial rash on my upper thigh which didn't go away during the glass test but went away over night.

The doctors have sent me for 2 blood tests which have both been normal and a chest x-ray which was also normal. But something does not add up. I know my body and I know something is wrong but no one will listen. The doctors make me feel like a hypochondriac and I don't want to go back because I feel like I am wasting their time.

If anyone has any advice or anything similar please let me know!

Thank you - tired and frustrated :(

Titchou 03-31-2017 06:25 PM

Re: GP says medical mystery - possible lymphoma or something else?

To determine the final answer on the asthma issue, you need to see a pulmonologist for a full work up. The blue inhaler is a rescue inhaler for use when you have an attack...it won't keep attacks from happening nor will it regulate your breathing.

T1210 04-12-2017 04:39 AM

Re: GP says medical mystery - possible lymphoma or something else?

Bit of an update:

Went to see a new GP and she ordered another blood test to rule out a few other things. I've had the results back this afternoon and my liver and kidney functions are normal, my CBC was normal, autoimmune was normal, everything normal again!

I have another appointment with the same GP tomorrow to discuss more options.

Still no answer :(