It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Looking for thoughts/opinions please.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2017, 11:59 AM   #1
Bammerbam
(female)

Bammerbam HB User
Looking for thoughts/opinions please.

Ok so it all began around 9 weeks ago with EXTREME fatigue, itching and BURNING in my legs and upper back (shoulder to shoulder) It seriously felt like shingles on top of the worst sunburn ever. OUCH! There was no rash at all for the first couple weeks but some redness then at about week 3 a few super tiny pimples showed up. The right side of my chest also start hurting so 2 doctors appts later they said tick born illness and put me on a antibiotic. A week into the antibiotics I felt the best I have felt in years but with in 48 hour of being off of them the symptoms came back....but even worse the 2nd time around with shortness of breath and unbearable skin burning so they I was put on a zpak along with a 10 day antibiotic....again same thing....felt great a week into them but as soon as they were gone I was miserable again. Saw another doctor they ran tests and my white blood cell count is low and they put me on a antiviral which did not work. Now I am dealing with my muscles being extremely weak. To the point of not being able to open a regular peanut and sore to where it hurts when my 3 year old lays her head on my arm. This has caused mine and my family's life to be put on hold and my anxiety to be at a all time high. They are doing a lupus panel, tick panel, sed rate, c reactive protein, tb, chest xray and ekg this evening when we close our shop. Anyone ever experience anything similar? Any advice? Thanks so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2017, 02:40 PM   #2
ladybud
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Looking for thoughts/opinions please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bammerbam View Post
Ok so it all began around 9 weeks ago with EXTREME fatigue, itching and BURNING in my legs and upper back (shoulder to shoulder) It seriously felt like shingles on top of the worst sunburn ever. OUCH! There was no rash at all for the first couple weeks but some redness then at about week 3 a few super tiny pimples showed up. The right side of my chest also start hurting so 2 doctors appts later they said tick born illness and put me on a antibiotic. A week into the antibiotics I felt the best I have felt in years but with in 48 hour of being off of them the symptoms came back....but even worse the 2nd time around with shortness of breath and unbearable skin burning so they I was put on a zpak along with a 10 day antibiotic....again same thing....felt great a week into them but as soon as they were gone I was miserable again. Saw another doctor they ran tests and my white blood cell count is low and they put me on a antiviral which did not work. Now I am dealing with my muscles being extremely weak. To the point of not being able to open a regular peanut and sore to where it hurts when my 3 year old lays her head on my arm. This has caused mine and my family's life to be put on hold and my anxiety to be at a all time high. They are doing a lupus panel, tick panel, sed rate, c reactive protein, tb, chest xray and ekg this evening when we close our shop. Anyone ever experience anything similar? Any advice? Thanks so much.
I think you are getting some good tests done and some clues will likely show up. I would ask if they would do a CK test with bloodwork because of the muscle weakness. It's a muscle enzyme that is elevated when muscles are inflamed. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Reply Reply