It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

High cholesterol for a 28 year old

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2017, 12:57 PM   #1
Iloveguido
(female)

Iloveguido HB User
High cholesterol for a 28 year old

Hi my name is chelsea and I am 28 years old. My Backstory; in 2000,(when I was 11 years old) I had a surgical repair for patent ductus ateriosus (PDA). In 2014 I was on the medication isotretinoin (accutane) for 5 months for acne. The accutane raised my cholesterol levels up to 246mg/ dl. Every single year after that, I had blood work done for my health insurance and my total cholesterol has been above average since. In 2017 my total cholesterol was 210mg/ dl while my other cholesterols were fine. I also experience orthostatic hypotension, which I was tested for years ago and my doctor at the time couldn't detect it. Also I have anxiety. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone thought this was an urgent matter and I should see a doctor. Honestly I have had huge problems with past doctors, with them not taking the time for me or with them not believing any complaints I have. Such as the orthostatic hypotension issue I've had since my PDA in 2000, so I am very hesitant to go see them. Just want to get your opinions. Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2017, 01:10 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: High cholesterol for a 28 year old

At 210 I would not worry about your cholesterol. You could probably tweak your diet,get a little cardio work and bring it down well below 200.

Reply Reply