It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Had My CT Today

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-18-2017, 08:11 PM   #1
dove062476
(female)

dove062476 HB User
Had My CT Today

Went in for my CT today. The tech asked what I was in for. I told him. After, he asked if I had my eyes checked. In fact I had them checked thoroughly after I found out I had diabetes. It was maybe less than 2 yrs ago. But I couldn't get the words out! GRR! I told the tech...there it is. He knew the words and filled in the blanks for me. This has actually been getting worse along with my balance. I walked into a cube a couple days ago, my knees buckled on me last week, I almost walked into a corner wall today. Walking down the isle last week, I swerved to the right because I cant keep my balance. My toe nearly went into the wheel yet again! I was having a conversation with a client Thursday and couldn't put a sentence together. I was like OMG they probably think I am stupid. I'm scared. What if this is in my head? What of its something serious? I have a goal that I am looking forward to. I would like to be ready in 3 years. If I cant walk, Its NOT happening. I have lost 20 lbs thinking it would help with symptoms. Hasn't let up at all. It's just NOT acceptable! Also, if I lose the ability to walk, I don't work. Then of course ending up in the ER with severe pain and then a migraine and an episode that the doc completely ignored just crushed me. I asked for an MRI, but haven't heard about that yet. I am thinking it will be a better pic than the CT. But hopefully the CT can tell us something...just something. I am just exhausted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2017, 06:28 AM   #2
teteri66
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Had My CT Today

I would suggest you also have a MRI of the cervical spine. Your symptoms could also come from issues in the upper cervical spine.

When you ended up in the ER with severe pain, what were your symptoms/where was the pain located?

Old 09-19-2017, 12:56 PM   #3
dove062476
(female)

dove062476 HB User

I had severe pain on my left front abdomen. It came in very strong waves. They thought it might have been kidney stones. They did imaging and didn't see anything. I thought it might have been kidney stones as well. It was so bad that I was hunched over to the left. I had trouble breathing, moving. My bp was 189/99. Once that started to subside, I started to have an episode/flare. Migraine started to come on, my left side started to go numb. My upper back was tingling. I was having an episode right in front of the doc and the nurses. They did nothing. NOTHING! Then I got my discharge paperwork and it says back injury. WTH? Its just so frustrating.

The following user gives a hug of support to dove062476:
YaYagirl (09-30-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 10:34 AM   #4
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User

Dear dove,

I hate to have to tell you (please don't take this wrong), but the severe pain could be from a reaction to food, causing gas and poor digestion. The left front abdomen is where the colon has a particular kink or bend that can 'catch' a build up of excrement.

That experience can be very, very distressing to say the least. Really there is nothing anyone can do, nothing to diagnose or fix, and there is no way to keep it from ever occurring. It has happened to me, and to my husband, and anyone else that thinks about it.

What can be done to try to avoid it is to regularly take magnesium citrate every night before bed, which helps keep the stool regular.

Reply Reply