It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Right sided hip pain ... what gives?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2017, 04:40 PM   #1
smokeymtnrain
(female)

smokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB User
Right sided hip pain ... what gives?

I have had this "tight" feeling off and on right above my right hip bone since 2014. Right before I had a colonoscopy, I told my Dr about it thinking it was IBS but my Dr wasn't sure so I just dropped it. I have had chronic low back pain for years and I do have degenerative discs, annular tears, etc...when I turn a certain at times I can feel that same tightness or pain in my left hip (almost feels like its on the hip bone) but the tightness or pain feel like it may be either right in front of the right hip bone directly to the left of it or sometimes it feels like it directly right above the hip bone. I'm wondering if IBS can cause it because I have been told from my colonoscopy that I have a narrowed colon to where the had to apply pressure during the procedure. The other I have is that it could be back related after all these years but I don't know if the back is causing the hip pain or the hip pain causing the back. No Dr seems to know and I have had a blood work up recently which all came out good. I'm guessing if it was something serious, the blood work would be off some where? I do get sciatic pain down the back of the leg from time to time but I don't know if that can affect one sided hip pain or not. I do have slightly torn meniscus in the right knee but again, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Is it unusual to have one sided hip tightness off and on?

Thanks to all who can shed some light on this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2017, 09:33 AM   #2
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User
Re: Right sided hip pain ... what gives?

Dear smokeymtnrain,

Pain and a tight feeling on one side of the body most often is due to not standing or sitting straight. I write from personal experience. In my case, one leg is shorter than the other. But I stood that way before my leg was broken.

If you cross your legs while sitting, that is one culprit. Keep the legs uncrossed. You may need to geta different desk chair. Also, stand looking in a mirror at how you stand. Then, I suggest getting a massage or else do stretches to loosen up the muscles and joints, and then look in the mirror again. If one shoulder or hip is lower than the other make yourself stand level. You may need to do some work outs to strengthen a weaker side of your body. I have noticed that few people actually stand up straight.

Also check your shoe heels and make sure that one of your shoes are not run down. Maybe you need new shoes, as well.

Last edited by YaYagirl; 09-30-2017 at 09:45 AM.

Reply Reply