It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Platelet count 459 and RBC 5.26?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-28-2017, 06:31 AM   #1
    ok2007
    (female)

ok2007 HB User
    Platelet count 459 and RBC 5.26?

I went to the doctor for a cough and wheezing/ plus other cold symptoms infection that has lasted now 15 days. My doctor thought it was bronchitis or another viral infection, but gave me a mono test in case. I also asked for a cbc from the woman who took my blood and she agreed.
    My results were normal, but my Platelet count is 459 (normal high limit listed is 440) and my rbc is 5.26 (normal upper limit is 5.1n February my platelets were around 200 and my rbc was 4.88.
    I am an 18 year old female not on medication. I have had lymph nodes that are sort of large that I can feel in my groin and armpit which have been called normal by multiple doctors. I also have had petechia randomly for the past year which doctors were not concerned about.

Should I call the nurse practitioner who saw me back, my results were online?

Is this very abnormal, or has anyone had an experience with this. Online it says it could be cancer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply