It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Vitamin deficiency or more?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2017, 01:59 PM   #1
jjb04
(female)

jjb04 HB User
Vitamin deficiency or more?

Hello.. this is my first post so hope itís in the right place.

Im female, 24 years old, 5ft7, 12 stone.
I began having symptoms a year ago
Pins and needles (severe) in hands and feet
Headaches
Pale
Heart palpations
Dizziness
memory problems
Recurrent mouth ulcers
Short of breath
Extremely tired

I went to the doctors and they did some tests and realised my resting heart rate was very high so they scheduled some tests.. they discovered I have low blood pressure and my heart is working 85% for my age.
They still havenít told me what is causing my symptoms though... but ive done some research and it looks as though it could be vitamin b12 deficiency, does this seem plausable?

My diet is very bad and I dont eat meat or fruit or vegetables. Iím not sure what I should do?
Doctors tested for hypothyroidism and anemia but never told me the reasults just said they looked okay.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2017, 05:19 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Vitamin deficiency or more?

I would definately be going back to the doctors to get some answers. May I ask what you do eat? You have ruled out most of the primary food groups...

It could very well be a D deficiency which is causing the pins and needles feeling, was this tested? Lack of vitamin D can also cause headaches and the feeling of dizzy/ memory problems. This can be a sign of a neurological disorder or it can be a stand alone vitamin deficiency which needs prescription strength supplements.

I wish that you feel better soon. Please go back to your doctor and ask "what now?".

Old 03-08-2018, 12:01 AM   #3
Michele85
(female)

Michele85 HB User
Re: Vitamin deficiency or more?

I used to have similar symptoms and ended up with blood test and the result was low vitamin D.

Closed Thread