It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Does anyone have feedback if these symptoms

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2018, 03:24 PM   #16
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Does anyone have feedback if these symptoms

You should start taking 5000 iu of Vitamin D3 daily and also get your thyroid checked

Last edited by rosequartz; 01-09-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2018, 01:54 AM   #17
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User

Dear HangingByThread

Mayo has info on ways to increase your own vitamin D level.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements-vitamin-d/art-20363792

I suggest that you try the natural means of getting D. It is way less expensive. You also may do some research to learn what you possibly may be doing to deplete vitamin D. I personally always try to avoid involving doctors and drugs as much as is safely possible.

Also, even if you do increase the vit. D level you may discover there are other imbalances in your body as talking D is not a fix all.

This is just part of aging and life. It is very healthy to learn to relax. Figure out what you can and do the best you can. That's all we can do.

Last edited by YaYagirl; 01-10-2018 at 01:56 AM.

Old 01-10-2018, 02:14 AM   #18
Harri3t
Senior Veteran
(female)

Harri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB User

HBT- Yes, you may need vitamin D replacement but my suggestion would be to only supplement with the guidance of your doctor until you get this all sorted out. I actually had a lower Vit D level than you at one time but my Calcium levels were totally normal. Call your doctor for dose guidance first and please make that endocrinology consult.

Vit D is a fat soluble vitamin. Like the other fat soluble vitamins it is stored in the body so overdose is possible. High dose replacement should be monitored with periodic rechecks of Vit D levels.

Again, wishing you all the best

Old 01-12-2018, 07:45 AM   #19
HangingByThread
(male)

HangingByThread HB User

Update... Probably has nothing to do with anything I mentioned above, but I've recently had a kidney stone and at the age of twenty-eight, I've had double-digit kidney stones now. I have a Urology appointment today about my latest stone. Now that the stone pain is wearing off I'm obviously still afflicted with these issues...But I may mention my recent weight loss and serum calcium to level to the Urologist as that may be useful. Can't catch a break lately :/...

Edit: Also I called the doctor as suggested and she said to start D 3 supplement 2000 mg's a day. I am also in the process of exploring causes of vitamin D deficiency. Thanks so much for the feedback and help everyone.

Last edited by HangingByThread; 01-12-2018 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Vitamin D supplements

Old 01-12-2018, 07:59 AM   #20
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

start drinking lemonaide, it has been proven to ward off kidney stones

Old 01-12-2018, 08:19 AM   #21
Harri3t
Senior Veteran
(female)

Harri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB User

Yes, absolutely mention the elevated calcium levels. This is relevant and can be the cause of the kidney stones. High calcium can affect (and be affected by) the kidneys in other ways. I'm sure your urologist would be interested.

Good luck and please let us know how you make out.

ETA-bring a copy of your labs if you can if the urologist doesn't already have access to them.

Last edited by Harri3t; 01-12-2018 at 08:21 AM.

Reply Reply