It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Possible Lymes?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-21-2018, 09:50 AM   #1
    Jvrabel
    (male)

Jvrabel HB User
    Possible Lymes?

Hello all I am desperate for answers...

It started with near syncope in January and the symptoms have not stopped appearing since...I have had MRIs EMGs all sorts of different blood tests and 2 lymes tests that were negative..GI work up showing only minor inflammation

Hair loss and finger nails have stopped growing...GI upset with extremely weird stool consistency 30 pounds weight loss that I can not seem to get back on.. shortness of breath at times..

I did \have a circle rash above my belly button in feb that was said to be topical and nothing to worry about...

Where do I go for further testing? are there any better tests I can go to take? I am so desbrate for any sort of answers...Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2018, 12:24 PM   #2
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User
    Re: Possible Lymes?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jvrabel View Post
    Hello all I am desperate for answers...
    Where do I go for further testing? are there any better tests I can go to take? I am so desbrate for any sort of answers...Thank you
    You could have your blood sent to Igenex Lab in Palo Alto, Ca., to date, the premier lab for lyme testing. Be aware, however, that tests for lyme (if negative) cannot be relied on for accuracy. There are many false negatives when it comes to LD. An LLMD - lyme literate medical doctor - and the only person you should see if you are going the allopathic route, would make a diagnosis based on clinical symptoms as well as tests. You could try to find an LLMD in your area, but if none are available many people choose to travel. Most do not take insurance. Also look for a lyme support group in your area.

I hope you can find some help soon.

Tess

Last edited by tess201; 07-22-2018 at 12:25 PM.

Reply Reply