It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Low Grade Fever for 3 Months

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-09-2018, 12:01 AM   #1
    artistfreak99
    (female)

artistfreak99 HB User
    Low Grade Fever for 3 Months

I am 19 years old, and female. I have type 1 diabetes, hypothyroid, depression and anxiety. I have now had a low grade fever(anywhere from 99.0-100.1), for almost three months. I have also had a decreased appetite and have been more fatigued. I have seen a general doctor, who did blood tests, urine sample and a CT scan. I saw my endocronologist, who was able to rule out lupus. She thought it might be Addisonís, but that came back negative as well. I am going to an Infectious Disease doctor in a couple weeks. I have done a lot of research online to see what this could be, but I realize that what I find might not factor in my diabetes and hypothyroid. I am thinking I might have CFS(Chronic Fatigue Syndrome). I was also able to rule out pinworms. If anyone could help in any way, it would be much appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2018, 10:22 AM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Low Grade Fever for 3 Months

Typically low grade fever for this long without obvious signs of infection is caused by inflammation which can be systemic. I would think a rheumatologist should be consulted to rule out the many connective tissue diseases such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, etc. I would wonder what tests your endo did, and would bet they were just screening tests and not the in depth work up you need. I would pursue that avenue before an infectious disease consult. In the meantime gather all your lab results and make a concise list of symptoms even if they seem unrelated. Notice if sun exposure worsens any symptoms. If you get any rash take pictures of it to show dr in case it disappears by your appointment. It often takes weeks to months to get a rheumatologist appointment so ask to be put on a cancellation list for an earlier appointment if itís a long wait

Old 09-11-2018, 11:05 AM   #3
    moira120
    (female)

moira120 HB User
    Re: Low Grade Fever for 3 Months

A relative got bit by a tick and developed a low grade fever for several weeks, maybe a couple of months. The doctor said it was a tick borne disease, not lyme disease, but something else.

Reply Reply