It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

4 yr old grandson issues

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2018, 08:17 PM   #1
muscleaches
(female)

muscleaches HB User
4 yr old grandson issues

just have question....
not sure if my four yr old grandson is having seizures at times.....
my grandson has had four issues revolved around head injuries...
the last few months my grandson has had four head injuries... nothing major...
playing and falling hitting head, friend landing on head... no stitches or huge goose egg injury... his eyes roll back and he is not able to react to mom... last 30 seconds or so... maybe a bit longer... he comes out of it crying....he is an active boy, this occures only with head injury, no other injury... worse injuries have not caused these episodes.... (stitches, scraped knees, and arms) . my daughter is waiting for a neurology appt. but i am curious if someone knows if a non major trauma can cause a seizure.... she had a friend with her who saw two of these episodes and was also concerned... she initially thought it was just him holding his breath due to trauma.... thank you just want my daughter to have info for when she sees the neurologist...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2018, 03:38 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: 4 yr old grandson issues

He should be going to a concussion clinic. Sounds more like concussion than seizure from your description. I'm sure your local childrens' hospital will have one.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
muscleaches (10-11-2018)
Old 10-06-2018, 06:12 PM   #3
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Has he been checked for epilepsy? Has he been to the ER or a clinic or his pediatrician?

The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
muscleaches (10-11-2018)
Old 10-11-2018, 01:15 PM   #4
muscleaches
(female)

muscleaches HB User

thank you... he did go to the hospital for one of the issues but they did not address that part... they gave him stitches and sent my daughter on her way.... pediatrician finally sending him to neurologist.. he is seeing a neurologist today. i questioned her if he was falling due to oncoming seizure .....she wasn't sure... he's usually running and playing when they happened....I'm wondering if it could be drop seizures.... my daughter said he gets very limp and is like a rag doll after... the pediatrician had to send over reason before they would make appt... they must have been concerned because they call her this morning to get him in today... thank goodness she is not the type to over react.... said lets get tests and take it from there....

Old 10-11-2018, 03:52 PM   #5
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I'm surprised his teachers/school didn't do a concussion protocol on him. We are required to at the school where I work with any head injury.

muscleaches (10-12-2018)
Old 10-11-2018, 08:12 PM   #6
muscleaches
(female)

muscleaches HB User

Neurologist is doing tests and wants him seen by an ENT... He said his tonsils are very enlarged and it could be causing breathing issue that is causing him to pass out and possible seizure...

Old 10-12-2018, 05:01 AM   #7
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

That absolutely can! These days they don't yank them out like in my generation. Friends tell me most docs wait till the child has had 4-6 strep episodes in a year before they take them out.

muscleaches (10-12-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 09:33 AM   #8
muscleaches
(female)

muscleaches HB User

Thank you... Hope and pray its this easy...

Old 10-16-2018, 02:42 AM   #9
journey
(male)

journey HB User

Hope your grandson is doing well now. It's quite scary when someone who is seemingly fit, active, and healthy gets a seizure. I remember a former classmate of mine who suddenly got a seizure during our class in high school and she was on the track team and had no history of seizures before. My cousin also had the same situation when she was in college. But apparently, they are both cured now through a holistic kind of cure.

It's best to consult a concussion doctor. They'll give him some meds for that to control it.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-16-2018 at 03:02 AM.

Reply Reply