It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Why am I always Tired, Thirsty, and Uncomfortable? - Symptoms of Diabetes but Not

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-28-2019, 10:23 PM   #1
    tiredandthirsty
    (female)

tiredandthirsty HB User
    Why am I always Tired, Thirsty, and Uncomfortable? - Symptoms of Diabetes but Not

Hi everyone,
    I've have been struggling with excessive thirst, frequent urination, fatigue and more irritability for about two years now. My tongue always feels uncomfortably dry and drinking water only quenches my thirst for a few minutes, then I feel like I need to drink again, especially if I am talking. Everyday I eat a low sodium, healthy diet consisting of fruit, veggies, tofu, eggs, grains, etc., and I still drink anywhere from 4 litres to 6 litres of water. Due to this constant thirst I have to pee probably around 15-20 times a day. I force myself to stop drinking 2 to 1 hour(s) before bed so I can sleep though the night, even though my thirst becomes near painful. Every morning I have great difficulty waking up, whether I have slept for 6 to 12 hours because my body is so dehydrated so I constantly feel drowsy and exhausted. After I have my morning coffee and chug a few gull glasses of water, only then do I start to feel normal and awake (and my urine is always dark yellow first pee of the morning). I notice during meetings with colleagues or hangouts with friends I must constantly drink water while we are speaking and have to use the washroom to urinate 2 or 3 times as much as everyone else. This constant dehydration makes me feel so sleepy and out of it during most days, especially busy days. I often have brain fog and sometimes have difficulty remembering things from earlier in the week or previous weeks. The only way I get through my days is continuing to have another coffee at noon and then crashing when I get home, only being able to cook a quick dinner, watch a show with my partner then fall asleep. Our sex life is being heavily affected since this problem has slowly started, as sex is extremely uncomfortable and even painful at times when his penis enters my vagina. There is too much pressure on my bladder (thatís what Iím assuming is happening?) So movement is really painful and I usually have to stop to pee every few minutes. Even when I push and feel that all my urine is out of my body, I will still have to pee again several minutes later because the pressure is too much. Weíve resorted to only usually having sex in very early mornings after I have emptied my bladder from the night before and even then itís uncomfortable for me because I am so thirsty all the time. We used to have a very healthy, spontaneous sexual relationship before this happened, any position was comfortable for both of us, but now it depends on timing and whether he is putting too much pressure on my bladder so there are very few positions that work and lots of interruptions for the washroom.
    I have been living and working in Shanghai for the past 4 years now, and I have been to two general doctors here, one gynecologist in an international hospital and also to my family doctor back home in Canada. I have had many tests done, all coming back with normal and healthy results. I of course believed I had diabetes or diabetes insipidus due to the symptoms of tiredness, frequent urination, thirst and blurred vision, but those tests came back normal. I then had my thyroid checked, B12 and other vitamins, iron, (Iím a vegetarian) checked, all normal. All the doctors insisted I am fine, that my vagina and cervix is fine and healthy (they said that during the ultrasound there was an amount of urine leftover in my bladder after peeing but it wasnít enough for it to be considered a problem right now) and that my blood work and urine all tests normal? Some doctors suggested to drink less water, but when I have tried that, I feel even ore fatigued and my urine becomes dark yellow again, which signals to me that I am actually becoming dehydrated, that itís not just in my head? Other doctors have said that maybe I am stressed, but honestly, whether I am having a busy day or a normal low-stress day or even when I am relaxing on vacation at a holiday destination, my symptoms of tiredness, thirst and frequent urination never go away. At this point I am desperate to know whatís going onÖ or if there are any other tests Iím missing that I could get done that could give me some peace of mind. All the test I went to have were researched and sought out by me, but it seems like the doctors I have seen arenít taking my symptoms seriously and they are not suggesting or referring me to have other tests or thinking outside of the box about what this could be because they view me as too young to be having any serious problems. From the bloodwork to urine tests to self-scheduling a gynecology exam (if its not my kidneys maybe itís a vaginal issue?) to even having my mouth checked my a dentist to see if it were dry mouth (if its not kidneys or vaginal maybe the problem is starting from my mouth?). Everything I have researched this could be and have tested have come back negative, so Iím sadly running out of ideas at this guessing gameÖ If there is anyone out there who has gone through this or has any ideas of what it could be, I will try anything at this pointÖ I have gone through months of trying to be positive and pretend itís not a problem after doctors have dismissed my worries, and trying to ignore it but the more years that go by now that I am still facing the same issues and difficulties are really starting to get to me. I am starting to feel depressed now, with how I know this is affecting my work, my relationships, my life and my partnerís life. I used to be regarded as such a high energy, active, and sharp individual by my peers and superiors, itís just breaking my heart to see how much my quality of life is changing the past 2 years. Truly, if anyone has any ideas to offer, please do, it would mean the world and thank you so much everyone for reading.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2019, 04:50 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Why am I always Tired, Thirsty, and Uncomfortable? - Symptoms of Diabetes but Not

All of your symptoms are pointing towards kidney issues..what kidney tests have you had and have youi seen a nephrologist? You need to!

Reply Reply

Tags
    brain fog, fatigue, frequency of urination, painful sex, thirst