It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Sensation of feeling hairs on face

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-07-2019, 12:07 AM   #1
    Stef321
    (female)

Stef321 HB User
    Sensation of feeling hairs on face

I've been feeling this sensation where there's very long microscopic, very fine, kind of like a spiders web texture feel, hairs all over my face,in my nose, eyes, mouth, tongue, and coming out of ears. Recently I've also been having the sensation of them in my private areas and when i slide them out, i actually feel like I'm pulling hair out from the inside (down there) onto my leg and I'll make circles with my finger on my leg to collect a whole bunch to try and grab them to pick up and look at whatever this may be. Unfortunately I do wind up getting a grip on them and when lifting them it literally feels like I pulling off a web that is stuck to my skin when I try lifting them but then when I go to look at it, there's nothing they're unless they are so thin that they may be in the lines of the skin of fingers. I also cannot see these very long, microscopic, clearish and very thin like silky hairs but i do happen to see something clear inside the lines of my skin and when I try sliding them to see if it moves, i do see moving. I've been to five different doctors in different fields and they said they don't see anything and that everything seems to be normal and that I'm healthy which is good news but I'm still getting these terrible sensations. The dr's also checked for mites and parasites of any kind and it was negative. I've been suffering with this sensation of this horrific feeling of these yucky hairs for a year and my husband who has been very supportive with all this, yet also very stressful because every night I'm in the bathroom trimming these hair like fiber things off my face, in nose, and tongue to feel some type of relief. Those are the worst areas for me and sometimes I can't even eat because of this horrible, traumatizing feeling! It's been he** for me and for my husband, being that he's been doing everything as far as cooking, cleaning, etc...He's the love of my life and I don't want to lose him but he tells me not to worry and that he'll never ever leave me. I do believe him and trust his words. But this stressful situation is bringing on a lot more stress, which I feel is a trigger and may also be the reason as to why I started feeling this sensation in the first place, but who knows. This has caused me major depression, anxiety, and overall life changing and I sometimes wish this was just a nightmare that I'll wake up from very soon. I can't go another day living like this but my mind has been very strong, mentally, I must say and will still continue to fight this when I have no clue as to what the heck this is that I'm experiencing! I'm praying and hoping that there's someone out there that knows anything about what I'm going through and to hopefully explain to me as to what I have. I also thought it could be a delusional thing and that I may be just having this sensation of feeling hairs that really aren't there, being that all the dr's that I've seen didn't seem to find or see anything, yet I feel they weren't patient enough since to really take the time to actually look. You have got to really take your time to actually look and it took me a while until I did see a little something which looks like lines that are super thin on top of my skin but in my skin cracks if that makes sense. I slid them with my finger to see if it moves and it does. So my mind either snapped without me even knowing a year ago when this all started or I'm really feeling these sensations from these hairs and nobody believes me being that they can't see them. Though they do feel super realistic and it is such a vivid sensation that i think is too real and that I'm way to strong minded to hallucinate all this. I also want everyone to know that I don't have or get any burning sensation with this sensation or anything like that. I'm a 34 year old female with long time depression and anxiety before this started. I'm taking welbutrin xl,clonopin,adderall for my add since I was a child, and subutex from a past prescription drug problem and also chronic pain in my neck and back and the subtex helps me with the pain. So there you have it. If there's anything else anyone who knows about this, please do not hesitate to ask. I'm desperate. I found this site googling symptoms like mine and came across this site. Again, if there's anyone out there who can help me figure this out and start treating whatever it is I have whether it be mental or physical, please please write back ASAP. Thank you.

Last edited by Stef321; 04-07-2019 at 12:09 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2019, 04:37 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Sensation of feeling hairs on face

What exactly are the doctors saying to you about this? Is it psychological? Dry skin? Something is causing you to "feel" this- even if it isnt there..

Have you considered that your skin might be really dry and this is what is causing the feeling of something being on it?

Old 04-07-2019, 07:47 AM   #3
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear Stef,

What you describe is a real problem, called Formication or Paresthesia. In fact that may be a cause of your sensations and anxiety.

It could be caused by a drug you have been taking. Also menopause, certain prescription drugs, corticosteroids, and some antibiotics can induce formication symptoms and sensations. I get sensations from certain drugs. I always thought it was because my liver was compromised by Hep C which I got from a transfusion when I was much younger than I am now (almost 70). But that can be caused by other things as well. If there is a possible side effect I usually will get it.

It seems that maybe your body is hyper sensitive. My body always has been very sensitive to drugs and other substances so I avoid every drug and chemical I safely can avoid. On the other hand, looking back, maybe this all started when I was ignorantly experimenting with psychedelic drugs as a young teen back in the 60's...yes that certainly makes sense.

Regardless where it came from, I would find a qualified Naturopath physician for help to safely cleanse some of the stuff you have been taking out of your body, to at least discover what has been causing the symptoms so you can wean off that substance or substances. it may be from a combination or just several different things.

Warning -
    Do not suddenly stop your drugs. Some substances MUST be weaned off slowly.
    Be sure to get qualified help with this.

My medical and naturopath doctors work with each other to help me be as functional and healthy as possible since I got the Hep C virus after a transfusion. I'm not the usual medical case, similar to you.

I hope you can get relief soon and this process goes quickly for you. Just thinking about what you are going through makes me itch. So there is a psychological effect, too. But, it is also a very real and very distressing situation. So do everything you can to make yourself relax.

Which reminds me to take my B vitamins. They feed the nerves.

Love & hugs,

Old 04-07-2019, 10:02 AM   #4
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Have you looked at your skin when these sensations are happening with different spectrums of light...Such as UV or other colours? You can use your phone camera and use the different filters to see if there is anything ....just to give you a visual.

I've had the spider web feeling of what you're describing and also crawling sensation, and mine is definitely related to nerves in my neck and back. When I touch that area, it has felt like I'm pulling off a hair or such....but nothing is there that I could see.

Have you had nerve conduction testing done?
    Neck and back MRI?
    Blood test for vitamin D and b12 and other b vitamins?
    Liver panel?

I do suspect some of the meds you're on could excite the nerves more than usual....biofeedback might help.
    When I was having extreme itching, my doc prescribed menthol cream, and it helped. Maybe something like lidocaine could help? Tens?

I hope you find answers. I can only imagine the torment you're going through.
    q

Old 04-09-2019, 09:57 PM   #5
    dickson89
    (male)

dickson89 HB User

Hi, I'm going through similar issues. Did you get to the bottom of it and find out what was causing it?

Old 04-12-2019, 09:34 AM   #6
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear Stef321,

Have you found any help?

Reply Reply