It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Armpit Lump question

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-05-2019, 12:02 PM   #1
    centralcoasting
    (female)

centralcoasting HB User
    Armpit Lump question

I have a lump in the center of one armpit that is sore, tender, and irritated. It is about the size of a peanut. If I pinch the loose skin under my armpit with my arm down, the lump is entirely contained within the skin (not attached to the body). I can feel it within the skin folds.

My question is: Could it be a lymph node? Would a lymph node be within the skin only in the armpit? I have considered that it is a cyst or some type of skin growth, as there was irritation and itching from a deodorant allergy a few weeks ago. However, there is nothing on the surface that looks like a pimple or has redness. If I manipulate it or pinch it to see if it's still there, it just gets more sore and hard. I am waiting for a doctor's appointment but I'd appreciate any input you have! Of course, this worries me with possible lymphoma.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2019, 03:56 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Armpit Lump question

A lymph node is usually not floating and detached...my guess is cyst. Simple fluid filled cysts can develop anywhere and the armpit is a common area.
    Your doctor will be able to tell and either drain it, or send you to a dermatologist to do so- easy peasy... chances are it is nothing to worry about!

Old 10-05-2019, 03:59 PM   #3
    centralcoasting
    (female)

centralcoasting HB User
    Talking Re: Armpit Lump question

Quote:
    Originally Posted by msnik View Post
    a lymph node is usually not floating and detached...my guess is cyst. Simple fluid filled cysts can develop anywhere and the armpit is a common area.
    Your doctor will be able to tell and either drain it, or send you to a dermatologist to do so- easy peasy... Chances are it is nothing to worry about!
    thank you so much!!

Old 10-14-2019, 05:03 PM   #4
    jasamuel
    (male)

jasamuel HB User

Seems like a skin growth

Old 10-15-2019, 08:37 AM   #5
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

centralcoasting, I used to get very painful, red cysts in my armpits. In one case, it got so big I had to get it drained. They were very painful.

Until... I found out that the cause was deodorants with aluminum. Since I avoided deodorants with aluminum, I never got another cyst!

Best of luck.

Regards, Bob

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Reply