It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Can stomach cancer be ruled out

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-20-2019, 11:42 AM   #1
    zhang
    (female)

zhang HB User
    Question Can stomach cancer be ruled out

Starting about three weeks ago, I suddenly developed severe indigestion, bloating, stomach cramp. Had seen ER and my GI doctor, Did upper right ultrasound, blood test, urine test, abdominal Ct with contrast, endoscopy with biopsy. everything is normal. But my symptom persist or even get worse.
    My GI doctor wants to do a HIDA scan to rule out gallbladder function, and after that he will diagnose me IBS.
    But can IBS cause sever symptom like this? I loss 10 lbs, hardly can eat anything. The indigestion is mild in the morning, and get worse everyday afternoon & night.
    Really tariffed. Any input is appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2019, 05:47 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Can stomach cancer be ruled out

IBS can definitely cause symptoms like you describe..and if the Upper endoscopy showed nothing- I would stop worrying.

Get the HIDA scan as gallbladder issues present differently in many people. Mine didn't show any pain until it almost ruptured. Listen to your GI doctor; they really do know best.

Old 11-02-2019, 06:00 PM   #3
    Gama35
    (female)

Gama35 HB User

I have another suggestion. I've had IBS for years, and have had similar symptoms, but they didn't get as severe as yours until I went on a European trip and came home with a Norovirus. That was a year ago, and I still have symptoms. Have your doctor check to see if you have a norovirus. Feel better.

Old 11-02-2019, 06:24 PM   #4
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Gallbladder is affected by food intake. If it is mild in the morning it's probably because you slept all night. In the afternoon and evening after you have eaten, it is worse- makes sense that it is your gallbladder!

Get the HIDA scan. It really sounds like GB issues.

Reply Reply