It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Something is weird with my throat

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-23-2021, 11:35 AM   #1
    iamawake
    (female)

iamawake HB User
    Something is weird with my throat

This started a year ago, around the same time covid hit. I have had 6 covid tests, all negative. Mostly started off while sitting down, where it felt like I was having trouble breathing (heavy chest, tight throat). After my neg test I put it down to anxiety. I have suffered from severe anxiety before and honestly, have learned enough techniques to beat it.

As time rolled by chest got heavier to the point where I am today: I am having to remind myself to breathe as I have started (subconsciously) holding my breath. I often feel dizzy, especially when breathing out. Most annoying is the feeling of tightness in my throat and upper chest, it feels like I am wearing a tight scarf. The past two weeks this feeling has grown worse. Before I would feel it only sitting down, now I feel it laying down and standing upright.

Oxygen levels in blood registered at 93% in January. Chest x-ray shows nothing. Doctor has no idea, me neither. Hoping someone can help me out.

PS: Weight = 93 kg, height 162 cm (for what it's worth).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2021, 12:52 PM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Something is weird with my throat

Could be silent reflux. You could try a medication for that to see if it improves in the time being.

Was your xray taken while standing or laying down? I'm thinking possible hiatal hernia.

Do you get it every time you sit or periodically, after eating, etc?

I think an upper endoscopy is what you should ask to have done.

q

The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:
    iamawake (02-24-2021)
    Reply Reply