It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Axilla lymph node question

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-13-2022, 06:21 PM   #1
    stellaalex
    (female)

stellaalex HB User
    Axilla lymph node question

Earlier this week my 21 year old daughter discovered an extremely painful lump on are right armpit. She discovered it during a shower and again it was extremely tender to yhe touch. Keep in mind, we were overseas when this is happening. Called a doctor friend who thought it could be an aggravated hair follicle or such. Next morning, the lump is MUCH better, less tender but then the other armpit starts bothering her. At closer inspection, the new problem armpit didnít have any lumps buy 2 very light spots thay again hurt to touch. Both arms hurt to even lift and do anything. Decided to take her to a local urgent care in the local village that prescribed an antibiotic/steroid cream and didnít think much of it. He also thought something shaving related. Meanwhile the whole vacation, I am now worried to death. We are back in the states now thankfully. Took her to an urgent care this morning. Checked the original armpit that originally had the huge lump and it completely resolved. He felt the other armpit and said that he feels a couple of slightly swollen nodes but he also told us that the nodes are still within normal limits. She is still having slight tenderness in both armpits but only when pressed. The doctor said it should take about 2 weeks to resolve but I am still so worried about lymphoma. I asked him could shaving have caused both armpitsmto flare up and why and he really didnít give me an answer. It was more like ďsheís fine, just make sure no other lumps pop upĒ. I guess I wanted to hear you habe NOTHING to worry about but didnít get that confirmation. Anyone here have this happened? Any words if advise/support!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2022, 06:50 AM   #2
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
    Re: Axilla lymph node question

Hi. Sorry about your daughter's painful armpits. The same thing happened to me when I used a deodorant that contained aluminum. When I switched deodorants to one without aluminum the problem went away.

⇒ Do it yourself SLIT greatly improved my asthma and MCS
    ⇒ I make my own dentures with moldable plastic pellets. Saves me $$$
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Reply