It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Swollen Lymph Nodes

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-12-2002, 09:58 PM   #1
    JillianTX

JillianTX HB User
    Post Swollen Lymph Nodes

I was hoping someone could give me some advice. I developed swollen lymph nodes in my neck in September. They started about a week after I had had a sore throat. I noticed them because they were tender at that time. They are still swollen at this time, and the sore throats come and go about once a month. I get fevers occasionally, but only with the sore throat. I went to the doctor and they told me my lingual tonsils were bad and I needed a tonsillectomy. I opted for a second opinion and now they are running a bunch of tests on me. I go in for a CAT scan next week. The nodes aren't always painful; I generally feel them only with the sore throats. I am 23 and I am scared to death at what is causing the recurrent sore throats. Does anyone have any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2002, 09:52 AM   #2
    Mace
    (male)

Mace HB User
    Lympth nodes in general are filters for the lympth system. I'd bet that there is a cronic infection of some sort involved. Sounds like the medics are getting more agressive, once identified the cause can be attacked. You're wise in checking around, maybe someone who has been through this same thing will respond.

Good Luck, God Bless, Mace

Old 01-27-2002, 03:02 AM   #3
    Trinket
    (female)

Trinket HB User
    I have the same problem but I never was told my tonsils were bad since I never went to the doctor for it. This started after having a real bad cold for a couple weeks. Now I get the same thing u do here and there(it goes away like urs does and then comes back) but its only on the left side and lately I have noticed that the pain sorta goes in my throat and shoots towards the ear then. I have just noticed that part of it a few days ago. My dad told me it is an ear infection and that he gets them all the time. He says his always start in the nymph nodes. I must have had this for months and months and its just an infection that I never treated properly. I need to go to the doctor yet to be sure that is the real problem. I am pretty sure it is though. I hope you find out you have the same problem. Good luck to you.

[This message has been edited by Trinket (edited 01-27-2002).]

Old 01-27-2002, 05:38 AM   #4
    Milena

Milena HB User
    I had the same problem. First I had a cold and than the lump appeared. I panicked but it turned out nothing. I got my tonsilles out many years ago and they can cause your problem (and they most likely are from what I've heared). It turned out my problem was a virus infection which was not treated properly. I'm a medicine student and the first thing I thought was cancer, but after leaving it for some time it grew smaller and after a month I can't feel it. There are many people that live with it just fine. It doesn't mean it is cancer

Old 05-23-2004, 06:05 PM   #5
    tenngal31

tenngal31 HB User
    Re: Swollen Lymph Nodes

i had swoolen lymph npodes after a severe infection with my kidnyes i was told that the lymph system is fighting off the infection good antibiotic will help good luck to you

Old 05-24-2004, 11:06 PM   #6
    Mario21
    Inactive

Mario21 HB User
    Re: Swollen Lymph Nodes

i have one swollen lymph node on the right side of my neck, kinda near my collar bone. i FREAKED out! ER right away, next day, 2 ENT's and my PCP. all of them said it was movable, small, and nothing to worry about. odd you bring up tonsils, since i have chronic tonsilitis also, and am getting mine removed on june 3rd.

Closed Thread